mmayson
16 years ago
Is there a correct side of the car to fix a radio aerial? Is there a correct way of fixing it on? The aerial I have decided to fit is the twin mount straight aerial. I have looked through the show pics and noticed that some cars have them on the right, some on the left, some at an angle , some upright. My car is RHD so I imagine it should be mounted on the left?
Michael Mayson
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mmayson
16 years ago
Anyone?...............................................
Michael Mayson
Jules
16 years ago
I don't think there is any right or wrong, all down to personal taste.

Andy Sparks
16 years ago
I don't believe that they are sided, i will look at my accessory catalogues if you want?
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
mmayson
16 years ago

I don't believe that they are sided, i will look at my accessory catalogues if you want?

"Andy Sparks" wrote:

That would be great Andy, thanks.

Mike
Michael Mayson
1958 Harry
16 years ago
I aways thought they were generally mounted on the opposite side to the driver?, so on a LHD car they go on the right and on a RHD car they go on the left.
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
Would have thought drivers side. Can't you reach out of the window to pull it up? Would that work?

Personally I'd think twice about drilling two big holes in my front quarter panel.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
justbuggin
16 years ago

I aways thought they were generally mounted on the opposite side to the driver?, so on a LHD car they go on the right and on a RHD car they go on the left.

"1958 Harry" wrote:

Not sure if that's a general rule, but my LHD 58 has the aerial on the right
www.justbuggin.co.uk

58 Ragtop
T25 Panel