JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Anyone know anything about these? Seems like there aren't many around and not much info either.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bengt H
16 years ago
Denzel was an Austrian sportscar manufacturer, they used VW parts to build there cars. Engines where based on 30hp blocks, have not seen engines built on later blocks. Two sizes 1300cc and 1500cc, 67 x 78mm and 74 x 80mm, with aluminiumcylindes. 1300 had fullcircle rollerbearing crank, dont know for the 1500. Heads are a bit different than Okrasa, much bigger coolingfinns and the sparkplugg has been moved to a moore upstanding position, this gives more space for bigger valves. Intakes are 34-38mm and exhaust 32mm, dual valvesprings. Denzel only ratiorockers, 1:1,1. Carbs are Solex 32 pbic and solex 40p11.

I looked for many years to find Denzelparts and they are not easy to find. Some years ago I found two complete heads, manifolds and parts of linkage and fuelline, sometime in the future it will bee a 1500cc. Here is a pic.....if I am able to link to it.......
UserPostedImage

Check out the 36hp dragracing thread on the ovalforum on the samba, there you can see some more pic and facts
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Thanks for the info. 🙂

That'll be a very cool motor. Great and interesting to see some non Okrasa tuning parts.

(You seen the 74mm crank in the for sale section?)
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
I'll dig out my old write up, very rare these days.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Mr. Okrasa
16 years ago
UserPostedImage

Some clarification on DENZEL cranks used on the 1500SS engines. I have studied period era photos of various cranks used and it seems that DENZEL used Porsche 356 crankshafts for their 1500SS engines. I have posed this question for several years now and nobody has come up with "different" information. Also, DENZEL never used a roller bearing crankshaft. DENZEL had two types of plain bearing cranks. One was their billet "full circle" counterweighted crank and the other was the same but with "cut down" counterweights. I will post photos later on..... Meanwhile enjoy this photo of my recent purchase. Currently for sale so send offers! Not cheap by any means! Will go on eBay eventually...

Click here for more Okrasa / Denzel / Judson photos! 

Thanks, Mr. Okrasa. email: [email protected]