Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
I know it's a long way off, but I got thinking about Hessisch Oldendorf in 2009, :shock: and got thinking about the drive there and all that. Made me think, what about a little convoy ? 😮 We know most of each other anyway. Would need a lot of sorting out and that. Any thoughts... :wink:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
mrsherbie
16 years ago
We have also been thinking we will bypass the BBT convoy for H.O. and maybe drive there a day earlier to arrive the evening before? I so wanted to go on on the Rundfahrt while at Camberg, but we'd really had enough of 'hectic pace' driving so gave it a miss. The Camberg weekend was a little too short.
So we may well be up for the idea of a small nice 'in our own time' type convoy ideally travelling through all the major busy roads very early in the morning maybe? So long as between us all we have a full set of tools. I have my chief mechanic on board :D

What about a similar idea for Huckeswagen?
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Chris
  • Chris
16 years ago

So long as between us all we have a full set of tools.

"mrsherbie" wrote:

I'm sure there will be a full set of tools amongst us !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We always get there the day before the event starts. Watching all the cars arrive supping a beer in the cafe on the corner, what more could you ask ? :wink:

Maybe you Southern Softies could put us Northerners up for the night if we come down the day before the trip. :wink:

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

Maybe you Southern Softies could put us Northerners up for the night if we come down the day before the trip. :wink:

"SDV" wrote:

You are not a Northener,you are welsh.
Don't come around here giving us boys a bad name. :evil:
Chris
  • Chris
16 years ago

You are not a Northener,you are welsh.
Don't come around here giving us boys a bad name. :evil:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

I know I'm Welsh. I just didn't want you English to feel too inferior. :lol: You know how kind I am, letting you live in our country, 'cos it was too rough where you were brought up to keep your car safe. :wink:
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

You know how kind I am, letting you live in our country :wink:

"SDV" wrote:

The reason i am here is because we have been invading and occupying your country for centuries. It's a habit we find we cannot brake.

White Dragons eat Red Dragons for breakfast.  12102.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
356boy
16 years ago

We have also been thinking we will bypass the BBT convoy for H.O. and maybe drive there a day earlier to arrive the evening before? I so wanted to go on on the Rundfahrt while at Camberg, but we'd really had enough of 'hectic pace' driving so gave it a miss. The Camberg weekend was a little too short.
So we may well be up for the idea of a small nice 'in our own time' type convoy ideally travelling through all the major busy roads very early in the morning maybe? So long as between us all we have a full set of tools. I have my chief mechanic on board :D

"mrsherbie" wrote:

so whats your ride for hessisch :wink:
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Sounds like a good idea, i'd up for that! 🙂
mrsherbie
16 years ago

I'm sure there will be a full set of tools amongst us !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"SDV" wrote:

:lol:

Its a good idea, I need to think it out though as the only spare bedroom is full to the ceiling with 50's interiors at the mo, wouldnt be very comfy! :lol:

Good its basically a plan then!

We are all assuming SDV that your oval will be up & burning rubber all the way there?!

Matt H.O. who knows, maybe not a beetle by then! 😃

Huckeswagen, we are going to take Owens 50 this time!

ps. Owens got a tattoo of a red dragon on his arm ( he's a proper welshy pikey)
Chris
  • Chris
16 years ago

We are all assuming SDV that your oval will be up & burning rubber all the way there?!

"mrsherbie" wrote:

What.. :shock: and miss out on the chance to drive George's car over again. :roll:

ps. Owens got a tattoo of a red dragon on his arm ( he's a proper welshy pikey)

"mrsherbie" wrote:

Owen can't be Welsh, he's too tight !!!! We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

'50 Karmann
16 years ago

We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"SDV" wrote:

If that's the case. NO, Owen cannot be Welsh.
kdf38
16 years ago
It that's the case there are DAMN FEW Welch among the ranks of VW people! And all the evil sellers at BC killed all the Welchmen who thought of attending..... I found this out trying to find parts for my '47.

Mike

We Welshies are generous people who give things away cheap to people that need them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

If that's the case. NO, Owen cannot be Welsh.

"SDV" wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
Andy Sparks
16 years ago
Gonna hang around for a few days before/after and make a holiday out of it this time. I fancy seeing some of the other car musuems there
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
'50 Karmann
16 years ago

It that's the case there are DAMN FEW Welch among the ranks of VW people! And all the evil sellers at BC killed all the Welchmen who thought of attending..... I found this out trying to find parts for my '47.

"kdf38" wrote:

The Welsh traders were not at Camberg this time around.
It coincided with a Shirley Bassey gig in Swansea.
mrsherbie
16 years ago

The Welsh traders were not at Camberg this time around.
It coincided with a Shirley Bassey gig in Swansea.

"'50 Karmann" wrote:

:lol: :lol: