mrsherbie
16 years ago
No, not specially vintage at all, but this year for the first time sharing the site with sister magazine 911 Porsche World :D
Last year it was a really nice day out, good location and only £5pp free under 16's.
(free traders and free swapmeet pitches too!)

I have also rang them and this year they will be far more prepared for the no. of attendee's turning up! :lol: ( They were'nt last year ie. the onsite toilet shortage!) And I have been assured that they are on top of it! 😃

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I'll be there as it's only about 10 miles away. 🙂
nev
  • nev
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I'll be there again, its just down the road from me too :-)

mrsherbie
16 years ago
Cool! We are probably going to take my 50 now as well as Owens green Bay pickup, and plan to get there nice and early, so maybe we can park up the beetles together? If I get there first I will try to get space enough for them. then at least then we know there will be 3 stock height cars there! :shock: :lol:
Last vw meet for me until Stanford Hall so I think I should make the effort! :lol:
SixtyFive
16 years ago
didn't see you there (well didn't see your cars!)
was going to say hi otherwise... :oops:
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago
I enjoyed the show as its laid back and not far from home, but there is somthing i must say.
As myself and friend and his wife were walking back to the cars with toby the black lab ( who was on a lead ) AN F***ING UGLY FACED BASTARD DOG with more skin on its face than a fat bird whos lost 10 stone ran at toby an latched onto his side, the owner comes over and says its ok hes got no teeth!! IF YOU ARE THE OWNER YOU ARE A C@~T!!!! 10 yards away was ayoung girl playing happily!!! see what i,m saying!!!!!
KEEP PENIS ENLARGING DOGS AWAY FROM FAMILY SHOWS OR FAILING THAT ON A F***ING LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
mrsherbie
16 years ago

didn't see you there (well didn't see your cars!)
was going to say hi otherwise... :oops:

"SixtyFive" wrote:

Its my own fault, got the beetle out late in the dark for an early departure, (as its run like clockwork this year)
But the ignition light came on but then went out on the pod and wouldnt come back on!
we ran a wire and bypassed the dash pod and the car started fine, but decided not to drive it like it. So we decided not to go ( but did have a lovely lie-in til 12 instead :wink: )

The 40's speedo pod has been the only week spot on my car, the small lights are working one minute then not working the next, so I have some electrical issues, but it has'nt stopped me driving it until now!
I need to drag my special vw electrical wizard Simon (Butty) round for the day over the winter :D

Typical as I was really looking forward to going too!
I dont think I will be going out to anything now other than my local vintage car Boxing Day meet. But you will see Owen at Slough no doubt.
mrsherbie
16 years ago

dogs..

"gipf" wrote:

We have a big dog, but I'd never take him to a show. Its a car show not a dog show!

You might be interested to read this posted on the ssvc about a child bitten at Vanfest this year. Perfect example.
I have to say, despite having lots of nice friends with lots of genuinely good dogs who always take them to shows, dogs at shows should be banned full stop.
Our kids safetly is SO MUCH MORE important, and there's always going to be just 1 'biting dog'.

"MY 3 YEAR OLD BOY WAS BITTEN BY A DOG AT VANFEST NOW HAS A BLACK EYE , 2 BITE MARKS ON HIS BACK BRUISE ON HIS BACK AND ON THE SIDE OF HIS FACE !!!!!! AND IS NOW SCARED OF DOGS .

HE WALKED BY A VAN (2 AWAY FROM WHERE WE WAS CAMPING ) AND THE DOG WENT FOR HIM LUCKLY MY LITTLEN HAD HIS BACK TO THE DOG OTHERWISE IT WOULD OF BEEN HIS FACE THAT GOT BIT, THE OWNERS DIDNT SEEM TO HAVE FOUND IT A PROBLEM !!! BUT SOON DEPARTED FROM VANFEST AS MY OTHER HALF WENT LOOKING FOR AN AXE ....... WELL HE WAS EXTREMLEY P*SSED OFF .

HAD TO REPORT IT TO POLICE ETC AND WAS TOLD BY MALVERN COUNCIL THAT DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE SHOW GROUND.
WAS SPEAKING TO A FEW PEOPLE OVER THE WEEKEND AND THERE WAS A COUPLE OF INCIDENTS REGUARDING DOGS.............
SPOKE TO THE CO-ORIDNATOR ABOUT THIS AND ABOUT A POSSIABLE BAN ON DOGS AT THE SHOW , HE SAID THAT IT WOULD LOSE HIM A LOT OF MONEY !!!!!!!!!!! SO ARE THE SHOWS JUST ABOUT MONEY??? AND TO HELL WITH THE SAFTEY OF THE CHILDREN ETC.

SORRY TO MOAN BUT COULD OF BEEN A LOT WORSE............."

I just dont recall seeing the numbers of dogs we get at our shows at vw shows around the rest of the world???!!

Got to love us Brits.

:roll: :evil: