jof
  • jof
  • Guest Topic Starter
16 years ago
There is a new book available that covers coachbuilt-cars on VW chassis, especially Rometsch (and also Dannenhauer & Stauss, Karmann, Drews, Beutler and others). It's in German language and written by Bernd Wiersch, former leader of the VW museum (Dieselstraße).

I ordered it through the internet and it arrived today. I just took a short view, but can already say that this is very fascinating. A lot of information and (to me!) many new pictures. Of course most of the Rometsch-information is based on the Grundmann collection (not only the cars, but also all the papers and other stuff that the Grundmann family collected from the Rometsch factory).

Within Germany I could order it without a fee for handling and packaging. Ordering at www.buch.de and entering the code lagbnzpylrgefrxw ("Gutschein") I got 3 Euro off the sales price of 29.90 Euro.

Best Regards

Jörg

Here is the "technical" information of the book:
Verlag Delius-Klasing
# ISBN-10: 3-7688-1971-X
# ISBN-13: 9783768819718
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
overrestored
16 years ago
Herr Wiersch contacted me a couple of years ago too... and I gave him everything I had too. I am very excited to see a copy.

The book is not available in the US yet... or on any english websites. I would hope that some enterprising vw businessperson contacts the publisher and gets some for the US/english market... not to mention most other international markets.

I would imagine that there is a larger English text customer base for this volume than German text.... so maybe a translation will occur.

protect me from what I want
pre67vw
16 years ago
https://www.amazon.de 

I've ordered from there before with no problems, I think I even used my normal english log-in.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
overrestored
16 years ago
I got it today in the mail... 100 pages of it are on Rometsch... and much new information not previously published. Nice.

Now we just need the english version... as my German is pretty spotty.

protect me from what I want
Jules
16 years ago
I saw this and had a quick flick whilst out at Hannover/Autostadt last week, I will probably order some to sell at KK if anyone is interested, we already stock most of the Delius Klassing VW titles and they are all fantastic! I'm sure there will be some other new ones too!
1965VwNB
16 years ago

I got it today in the mail... 100 pages of it are on Rometsch... and much new information not previously published. Nice.

Now we just need the english version... as my German is pretty spotty.

"overrestored" wrote:

agreed . i prefer english version
www.deafvolks.com
1965VwNB
16 years ago
i wish to have these . i love to see some Romestch.
www.deafvolks.com