bmk612
19 years ago
hey i am just looking into buying my first bug restoration project and i have a question... the guy im looking to buy from said that either the engine head or the gasket are leaking oil and i want to know how much it would cost to fix it if it was the engine head and if it would be able to drive for the time being? any help would be great. its a 64 hardtop bug with a 1200 cc engine in it.
another quick question would be where online can i shop around for restoration bug parts and if anyone knows of any good shops in northern cali or southern cali that would be great. prefer so cal as i go to school down there but any shops to get restoration parts or oniline spots would be great. thanks guys...
brian
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Larry
19 years ago
Brian,

You are VERY fortunate to be living in the hot spot 😎 for VW repair shops as well as VW restoration parts companies. Listed are just a few restoration parts companies right there in your own back yard in California:
WEST COAST METRIC, Harbor City, California
WOLFSBURG WEST, Corona, California
BFY, Orange, California

As I said, these are just a few of the companies. I have ordered parts from all of these companies and have never been disappointed with their service or parts. As you can see, from my header, I live in Kentucky. I also know that there are some really good repair shops there as well but you will just have to ask around about those since I don't live there. BUT I have heard that they are very common there.

If you need additional information just e-mail me and I will try to steer you in the right direction.

Larry 🙂

Enjoy life to the fullest - in a VINTAGE VW