1958 Harry
16 years ago
Does anyone know where I can buy the correct colour paint to re-paint my steering column, handbrake, seat frames etc on my 1958 Bug???

I know it is supposed to be L471 Stone Beige, but nowehere seems to know how to mix it, anybody on here know where I can get the correct colour mixed? I'm in the Bristol area (UK) 🙂
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
djkeev
16 years ago
Hi,

It is on the shelf at Wolfsburg West in California USA (of course, isn't everything you need for a VW in California?!?) its only an ocean and a continent away.

Good luck with your project

Dave

"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over again later?"
djkeev
16 years ago
Hi again

I knew I had more information on this topic,

Click on this web site there will be a fair amount of information to look at regarding seat frames and finishing options. Also some not so nice words about WW's paints!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2761684&highlight=#2761684 

Good luck again

Dave
"If you don't have the time to do it right the first time, when will you find the time to do it over again later?"
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
16 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the correct colour paint to re-paint my steering column, handbrake, seat frames etc on my 1958 Bug???

I know it is supposed to be L471 Stone Beige, but nowehere seems to know how to mix it, anybody on here know where I can get the correct colour mixed? I'm in the Bristol area (UK) :)

"1958 Harry" wrote:

You should be able to get it matched most anywhere, if you take a part with you.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
1958 Harry
16 years ago
I'll take the steering wheel off and get it colour matched I think.

I only need to paint the seat bases as somebody had repainted them black :roll:
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
mmayson
16 years ago
Hi there, I can highly recommend www.paints4u.com . They mix the paint from the paint code, can dispatch it in a pot or aerosol, and have it with you in 24 hours. I have used them a couple of times, the last being when I restored my steering wheel with the paint that you require. Ask for Paul, he's very helpful.

Mike
Michael Mayson
justbuggin
16 years ago
Have a look at Suzuki Ivory White (Halfords, et al).
www.justbuggin.co.uk

58 Ragtop
T25 Panel