bbmish
15 years ago
I just bought a 1967 bug, but have found some oddities. Key is on the column, no orignal stereo, but has plate in dash and slug instead of antena, highback seats, non padded dash, gas tank on side of car...my bug guy is telling me that mid year they added some of the 68 features, but I am confused as to why I can not find any info on them. All vins match, and it has a clean carfax...the ladies grandfather bought it new...could it be an import??? any help would be appreciated...Michelle :? Pix can be found at https://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn22/bbmish/ 
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
64rotbox
15 years ago
It may have been manufactured in mid '67, but it's a '68 car. Model years ran from August 1st to July 31st, therefore a '67 model was built between August '66 and July '67. I'm guessing yours was made sometime from August 1st, 1967 onwards.
You can call me Al.
bbmish
15 years ago
Even title and vin number show 67
64rotbox
15 years ago
Really? What are the first three digits of the VIN? 117 or 118?
You can call me Al.
bbmish
15 years ago
Vin number starts with118...your totally right about some of the 68 features, but it is missing a lot of them...it has a non padded dash and had low back seats until the grand daughter wanted highbacks, I will be changing back...it is almost like they ran out of some of the 67 parts and used what they needed from the 68...I know the shell is totally 68 due to the gas tank on the side, but is this rare, or just a mix up at the factory???
aircooled
15 years ago
I tried your thread for pictures but the site must be down. US Spec 68's had a padded dash. 68 in Europe didn't have a padded dash. Any chance car not a U.S. spec car?
bbmish
15 years ago
I don't know how to check...it is just confusing because everything is original, but it has both 67 and 68 items...it is pinked as a 1967...people tell me it is a mid year make, but I can not find anything on the internet...any suggs would be helpful...check the pic link again...they should be there.