heb623
  • heb623
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
19 years ago
No news about that famous Hebmuller auction in Hamburg? :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Tina
19 years ago
no, no news !
Strange people, strange cars, US Ghost Towns (Ruby and Bodie)
Robinson 22 and 44, Pappelen u. Jelände 911er
zelensis61
19 years ago

Hello folks(wagens)

The only thing I know for sure at this moment is that "It" is sold and it is going oversea .
Later more
They promissed me more and better picts but until now nothing happend.
The guy Who promissed this is a verry good friend and I'll hope to see him this weekend.

So like ET always said; Be patient .....

Greetings
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
heb623
  • heb623
19 years ago
I heard that the updated Hebmuller went to Holland!!! :shock:
A litlle bird told me :!: :roll:
About the auction price no news :!:
It 's up to more clever people to find that out, Peter for example. :wink:

:twisted: ET
zelensis61
19 years ago
Hi folks,

first : The HAMBURGER Heb is sold: that is for the moment the only thing I know for sure.

Second : A friend who was at the auction told me the car was bought by a man from Great brittan. He described me that man and I know him. Unfortunatly he is on some holyday now and I can not reach him until next week.

third: Now I read here and elsewhere on the web that somebody from the netherlands bought it. I am confused on this because ther was indeed a dutch man at the auction.

Forth: The car was definitly in a "better" condition that my info told me. As I now look at my friends detailed picts I have to say I am sorry if someone was mislead by my info. I was and therfor I missed a chanse

That 70's front part is not what it looked. They just cut out the Split's dash and replaced it with a early 60 's dash: only the dash and the part under the dash.
The front bonnet and fenders are of corse not correct but the whole front part is correct except the H-pannel.
I may think that even the Heb body nr is sitting under that ID plate wich is mounted to low. (Strange thinking of me)

So if anyone knows who bought the car speak up .
Thank you;

Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
zelensis61
19 years ago
Me again,
I have just answered a phone call from the man whom I tought bought it but it is indeed a dutch guy who bought the Heb.
No further info on the man his ID.

My information sucks not only before the auction but also after it Damnnn.

Greetings.
six-o-one
19 years ago
Hi ,
I've seen some photos of this heb too. The pan looks to be before October 1952 but with hydraulic brakes so may, or may not be original/delux?

It still has a six-fuse box in the front making it 53 or older but it has a strap for a jack on the opposite inner wing which would be from August 55?

The metal pressings in the shelf behind the spare wheel look later to me as well?

It looks like all it would need as a quick-fix (real cheap, real Hebmüller as Rob would say) would be:

Weld on a new front panel
Bolt on an early bonnet
Bolt on 4 early wings (with lights etc)
Bolt on a set of early bumpers (if it still has mounts at the back?)
Bolt on some 16" wheels
(Lots of bolting!)

Then drive it! 😃

I think it would look great just doing these few things and, if the prices people on other forums are quoting are correct Rob could have had a real cheap, real Heb for about £16,000!
I know it's not perfect but for that kind of money it's a great start!

zelensis61
19 years ago
Hello folks,

Does anyone has a better lead to the Vin of " a car known as Hebmuller"
I have a close up Pict of the punched VIN in the chassis.
maybe it is proffesionel-misbehavier ( I check stolen cars for my job)
but there are at least 2 digits that are doubled punched and a child could see this.

It starts with 1-0123XXX ( I have leaved the last 3 out of it so the owner whould not be upset if he comes here?) :idea:

That is the Hamburger Heb's Punched in VIN and as I folow Rob's list on this site it belongs to an late 48 and early 49 pan???? or I must be verry wrong. :roll:

The auktion advertise said that the car was a November 1949 car?

ET, can you help on this one? Maybe Guido can? or ROB himself.

Greetings Peter
six-o-one
19 years ago
Hi Peter,
Mine left the factory on Feb 14th 1950 and has the chassis number starting 1-0145 which is January(ish)

I think 1-0123 is around September 1949 so sounds about right to me for a November Car?

I hope this helps?

six-o-one

😃
zelensis61
19 years ago
Hi,
Thanks for the help 601..
Guessed I was wrong...again. :oops:

That is correct I have checked it over on another list.

Hope the Dutch owner is happy with it. I wonder if behind that ID plate that is mounted to low is hided a body nr??
And if so, what bodynr? let us hope it starts with 14-00xxx
That whould be nice? :shock:
pre67vw
19 years ago
Maybe if someone here knows the dutch owner, they could persuade them to join the forum and share some restoration photo's???

Would be cool to have a 6th Heb owner on the site.. !!

😎
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
heb623
  • heb623
19 years ago
:? :? :?