oldbug.com
16 years ago
OK... where are some of the best spots to look for the body number on a 59 Rometsch? I'd like to know "what number" my car is.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Bjoern
16 years ago
...on different places on every Rometsch. One famous place is the angle of the glove-box-cover, another one inside the doors if you remove the door-covers.
oldbug.com
16 years ago
Any other spots?

Also where should the small metal Rometsch body tag go? I have a reproduction I want to stamp and put on the car.
oldbug.com
16 years ago
My glove box door was missing, so that one is out. I see remnants of a number in the engine compartment... 5 something. I need to pull the door panels off and have a look.

Can anyone please answer where the small Rometsch body tag is supposed to be placed?

Im trying to get the car ready for the VW Classic for it's debut.
The clock is ticking!
overrestored
16 years ago
Randy,

On my Beeskow it is behind the spare... I am not sure about the Lawrence models. If I were you I would look for holes on the panel behind the spare... towards the passenger side and above center height

protect me from what I want
oldbug.com
16 years ago
Thanks Eric...I will check there...seems to me there are some holes there. Im still searching for the body number too...and a good photo of the engine compartment. Im planning on using some of that engine turned aluminum for a panel at the base of the engine compartment (I love that stuff!) the side panels and firewall are upholstered. I know it's not correct but it will have a period look to it and it should showcase the Okrasa engine nicely.

I'll post some photos when I get it done.