Chris
  • Chris
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
16 years ago
Over the last couple of years I've managed to accumalate three sets of track rods. :roll: However, they all appear to be different lengths. Can anybody confirm the correct length for the long track rod for a 1954 model RHD beetle ? Just the track rod, not including the ends.
Thanks,
Chris
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
:lol: :lol: :lol:  11166.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
'50 Karmann
16 years ago
Seriously,the one you took off the car should be the correct lenth.
After all it was last driven with this set up,if my car was here i would measure it.
Come on some-one go out to the garage with a tape,help a man out.
six-o-one
16 years ago
The NOS rod I have for my '58, which I believe to be the correct length, is 70.5cm long. Haven't checked it with the original one on the car yet though.

The original on my friends rhd '60 with a steering damper is 65cm long and the ones sold by Status are 62cm long, so I think the Status ones may be for LHD?

(The original short one from the '60 is around 26.5cm (non-adjustable) and the new Status one is 22.5cm)

I've checked my parts manual and its the same part number right up to Feb 1960 when the damper came in.

😃