Mike Peckham
15 years ago
WPJ 752 was a car I new well during the 80s, it belonged to an elderly woman who lived nearby, she had owned it since the mid fifties. I think it was a 55 model and when I first new it, it was largely original. Unfortunately the old lady was talked into getting it resprayed in about 1987 (completley unecessarily) and during the process the car lost its original wings, badge bar and ancilliary lights.

The Lady died in about 1989 I think, and I don't know what happened to the car after that, but a check of the DVLA website indicates that it was road taxed until 1995.

I wonder if it still exists?

Mike.

Here are a couple of photos of it I found from before the respray...  WPJ 752 1 (low res).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  WPJ 752 2 (low res).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  WPJ 752 3 (low res).jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Great pics again Mike. I wish we could still find them like that nowadays! I presume this was up in Cambridgeshire?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
15 years ago
Hi Rich

This was a Worthing Beetle.

I would be surprised if it isn't around in some form now as it was so solid when I knew it in the '80s. I imagine it must be lurking in a garage or barn somewhere.

If you look closely at the picture taken from behind, you'll notice the three dial dash insert where the radio speaker would have been. A nice period accessory...

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.