1958 Harry
15 years ago
I've just bought a March '58 30hp engine to go in my Feb '58 bug, a couple of Q's tho.

It has a bit of endfloat, approx 1mm, I cannot afford a rebuild and don't have the tech nowse to do it myself, would I be stupid runing it in my bug? I only do around 2k max per year in it :)I currenty have a VERY good 70's 1200 in it which is fine, but looks totally wrong.

I need to get a rebuild kit for the fuel pump and 28PCI carb, where in the UK can I get them? I don't really want to get them from the States.

The stock Dizzy has a fair bit of play in it, where can I get a rebuild kit for that?

The fuel pump pushrod is very worn, are the pushrods the same as on my later engine?

Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

I've just bought a March '58 30hp engine to go in my Feb '58 bug, a couple of Q's tho.

It has a bit of endfloat, approx 1mm, I cannot afford a rebuild and don't have the tech nowse to do it myself, would I be stupid runing it in my bug? I only do around 2k max per year in it :)I currenty have a VERY good 70's 1200 in it which is fine, but looks totally wrong.

I need to get a rebuild kit for the fuel pump and 28PCI carb, where in the UK can I get them? I don't really want to get them from the States.

The stock Dizzy has a fair bit of play in it, where can I get a rebuild kit for that?

The fuel pump pushrod is very worn, are the pushrods the same as on my later engine?

1958 Harry wrote:

As long as your engine runs fine and doesn't leak too much oil, I would be happy to use it with the end float as it is. I would save up for a rebuild though!

Karmann Konnection is your best bet for rebuild kits in the UK.

You should be able to pick up a good second hand dizzy for not too much money. Less hassle than rebuilding one.

Pushrods are different to 34bhp ones.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
1958 Harry
15 years ago
Cool! Cheers!

It doesn't leak any oil, which is good :D

I'll try KK for the bits tomorrow, wanna get all the tinware painted and the engine fitted and running next weekend if I can :D

Looking forward to finally having the 'right' engine in my '58 even if its gonne be even slower! :lol:
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj