Tonser
15 years ago
Hi all

I've just joined up here, and look forward to gaining from the amount of knowledge that appears here. I recognise a few names from Restowagen and VZi and look forward to meeting more.

My car is an original UK rhd '60 kabriolett beetle, the story of which can be found here:

https://www.restokab.com 

Here is a pic of it in its present guise:

UserPostedImage

(Please dont flame me for the stance and wheels - all the OG bits are safely in storage ! )

I'm gathering the parts together for a full resto in the spring, so if anyone has any of the following for sale, please get in touch:

58-63 kabriolett decklid
nearside rear window channel guide (the bit the regulator slides through, and the glass sits in)
front and rear panels

I'm also trying to find info on the original interior, as the present one has been retrimmed. The back seat is OG and even has the quality control label still attached to the springs (dated May 1960), whilst the front seats are 66 only ones at the minute. The birth certificate lists the interior as 'M550 Upholstery Brown Grey' - does anyone have any info on this ? I've drawn a blank everywhere !

Thanks for reading.

Tony

Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Nice to see you over here Tony. I love your car!!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Tonser
15 years ago
Hi Rich - and cheers for the comment !

Hopefully it'll be out for Brighton Breeze - is the '51 attending ?

Tony
Andy Sparks
15 years ago
Think i have a 1960 front cab seat, they differ from bug seats as the bars on the back rest where it comes down to the bottom seat frame are more bent than sedans.

If that is the case i have one, if not i have a wierd front seat sitting in my house.

Andy
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂