Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
I have a 55 Kabriolet that has had some reconstructive surgery many many years ago and has lost its body number. VW were unable to provide a birth certificate as their micro fiche disintegrated whilst trying to create one for me and Karmann say they have no records either. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a body number for it?

I also need a correct front valance if anyone has one knocking around please?

Cheers,

Dave
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
https://www.autocrafteng.co.uk/products.asp?id=177&mnu=mnu12 
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Bengt H
15 years ago
I think Wolfparts will soon have their new front valance ready :lol:
vintagevw
15 years ago

I have a 55 Kabriolet that has had some reconstructive surgery many many years ago and has lost its body number. VW were unable to provide a birth certificate as their micro fiche disintegrated whilst trying to create one for me and Karmann say they have no records either. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a body number for it?

Cheers,

Dave

Bally wrote:

What chassisnr do you have?
I've had a 1955 vert.
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago

What chassisnr do you have?
I've had a 1955 vert.

vintagevw wrote:

Hello,

my chassis number is 1-105XXX which I would place as late December 1955. I would estimate 17th December based on the chassis numbers for bugs published on TheSamba.com.

What date of manufacture was yours?

It was imported to the UK from Germany in 1966 and the engine number was 10977836 which is earlier in 55 I believe. I have no way of telling if this was the original engine, but it was replaced in 1967, so maybe it was?

Cheers,

Dave

Full Chassis no sent by PM
Salim limpong
15 years ago

Cheers,

Dave

Bally wrote:

what is the meaning with chassis number ?
GKL 7
15 years ago

what is the meaning with chassis number ?

Salim limpong wrote:

VIN
(vehicle identification number)
We call this, chassis number, as it is stamped on the chassis of the vehicle.