topolino
15 years ago
bought this agarve green oval a few weeks ago, bought it blind from a few pictures it was a little ratty but looked solid, so imagine my surprise when i stripped the underseal off and found this, have tried to ad pics hope this works.  oval 005.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 012.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 013.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 006.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 007.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 004.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
15 years ago
WOw, nice car, Is that a new one? :lol:

Congrats to you, it seems that a handicap is not always negative.
After you went blind, i guess your eyes are wide open now.:shock:

Greetings. Peter
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
vintagevw
15 years ago
Wow looks rock solid!:d
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
topolino
15 years ago
its been here since 1999 first registered in 2001, came with full mot , years free tax for £2,600, came from north devon.
Last Triumph
15 years ago
Looks great, and from the few I've seen and turned down, no , they're not all rust free. As soon as the underseal is breached, the rot sets in. Many Swedish cars seem to go first at the front bulkhead outer corners letting water into the front of the channels. I've seen 4 like this in the last few weeks.

Out of interest, where did you see it advertised?
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
topolino
15 years ago
it was on the samba for around £3,400 or so, came on ebay someone won it did not pay i offered £2,600 plus it cost me £250 for the transport from devon, the pan is a nice shiny black once you heat up and scrape the underseal off, i took some pictures of the pan but they have not come out very clear,i did buy it on the day when the banks were collapsing an everything was going into total meltdown i think thats why nobody else was interested.
Last Triumph
15 years ago
Congratulations - I think I remember seeing that car but it was too far (7 hours) from me to view on ebay. Well done. I think you've got an absolute bargain there - there are plenty of rotten or rotting cars out there for much more money.

I hope to have an Oval myself as soon as the right car comes along at the right price.
I can supply...
25/36hp Crank-Flywheel shims - 3 sizes
NOS king pin thrust & fibre washers - all sizes
Cloth braided nitrile fuel hose safe for modern fuels
PM me for details...
topolino
15 years ago
i will get round to taking some cleared pictures at some time, these were taken in the garage and the camera batteries were low and lots did not come out, heres the rest i have.  oval 010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 001.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 003.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 014.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  chevy parts 007_renamed_1223.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Congratulations! :beer: Looks like a really good car! Nice not very common colour too.

I have removed underseal from a few of ours now including our splits and the paint is better in the arches than on top. But as Last Triumph says as soon as it is exposed it will start to rot like a uk car in our soggy climate 😞
I gave my 50 its first year in paint underneath because it looks so nice, but will be por15'ing the pan and clear waxoyling everywhere else next year. I am doing O's 50 right now. Ugly but I would rather they stay without rot than for looks as we will never show any of ours so it does'nt matter to us.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
gipf
  • gipf
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Mine is! built on the 6th of july @ left the factory on the 10th, bound for sweden. (1956).
topolino
15 years ago
this one was built on the 18th march 1957, there are a few things i would like to know, there is red around the side windows and around the handle on the doors, does this mean it had the optional red leather style interior originaly as the front seats dont match the rears , the door cards look a lot more worn out than other parts of the car would suggest, when vw s were sold in sweden new why were they left hand drive when up till the late sixties the swedes were on the same side of the road as the uk, and why is the speedo in mph and not kph, heres a few more pics.  oval 2 001.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 003.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 007.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 009.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 010.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 011.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 012.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 016.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 019.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 013.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 014.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  oval 2 017.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Dereck-J
15 years ago
That was my Oval once, I wish I'd never sold it 😞
topolino
15 years ago
thanks for the info and pics dereck,i now know most of the cars uk history, was brought in by owen as was suspected, when dereck owned it it travelled many miles ,trips abroad even bad camberg, many thanks to all the people that helped me find out a little more about this car.
69project
15 years ago
you cant beat swedish!!!

mine has only ever had one bit of welding on floorpan and thats it
Car less.....