vwsam20
15 years ago
Hi all,
My wife and I have owned a 1962 6volt bug for a few months and absolutely love it.

We are off to Cornwall soon so I have been doing a few little bits on it, service etc.

Today I thought I would have a look at the headlights as the beam is a bit on the skew.
Amongst the mounting of parts that we got with the car was a complete set of front lights.

These lights are different to the ones on the car, so I was just wondering which ones it should have as per factory spec.

The lights on it have a patterned glass on the outer.

The spares have a patterned lens on the inside and a plane glass on the outside.

Dose anyone have any clues as to what is best and what should be on the car.

Regards
Sam
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
The spare ones are 'sealed beam' units used on VWs in the USA from 1955. The set you have on the car with patterns on the outer lens are correct for European cars.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
vwsam20
15 years ago
Cheers, Rich

Do you know if their is much demand for the us lights and how much they are worth.

cheers sam
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Cheers, Rich

Do you know if their is much demand for the us lights and how much they are worth.

cheers sam

vwsam20 wrote:

Not a lot of demand really. If they are repro units, they are pretty much worthless. If they're originals with VW stamped parts, you will get a few ££ for them.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.