vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
I bought this beetle 1958 in august i have notised that my rear bumper dosnt look right due to the fact that the over riders are in the wrong position looking at other bumpers on a beetle theres two chrome blots on the left and right of the bumper with the over rider in the middle i think that this must be a front bumper i have on the car rather than a rear could anybody conferm this for me please . theres some pics

thanks

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
harveypj
15 years ago
The front bumper only has 2 holes per side for mounting, the outermost double up for the over rider mountings utaliseing a hex head bolt from the back.
The rear bumper has an extra hole each side inbetween the iron mounts for the over rider fixing.
The rear bumper is more curved than the front.  rear2 You have insufficient rights to see the content.  front You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Stock......the new custom
vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
thanks harvypj looks like i need a back bumper than thank you

:d
vintagevw
15 years ago
I guess yours is a standard rear one without the bumperguards.
You can make an extra hole.
Be carefull with drilling!
Wat is het fijn om lesbisch te zijn!
vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
vintagevw thats a good idea however i dont have a clue on where the whole inbetween the two mount bolts would need to be drilled i wouldneed some messurments and a picture of a bumper looking at the back of it , if you no what i mean so like the black side of the bumper not the chrome

thankyou any pics and messurments from anybody on here would be great

:d :d :d :d :d :d :d :d
harveypj
15 years ago
yeh, keep your bumper just drill. to aid marking the possition you can apply masking tape and mark on that or just use a permanant marker. most importantly thou use a center punch for final marking before you drill and start with a pilot (small hole first)and them several more getting bigger each time. If you have or know someone with a pillar drill I'd go with that.

(sorry if i'm teaching granny)

The holes need to be spank in the middle
Stock......the new custom
vw.58-beetle
15 years ago
haveypy thankyou once more would you be able at some point, to messure yours so i have some sort of idea what the distance is from each chrome bolt on the bumper that will give me the correct distance between the 2

thanks
paul
:d :d