Richard
15 years ago
yeah should be a couple of inches to the right, and about an inch higher than if it was LRH.
I don't think it moved at all did it? until '67.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

Looks like the dip switch is in the wrong place too.

I asked a question about the body, and got this responce.

"Hi, Thank you for your query. I am not sure what you are talking about. As far s I am aware this body is complete. I am not an expert but there are no joins to be found. I want to make sure I am selling the right thing so can you guide me? Regards Austin"

Richard wrote:

Is it worth sending him a link to this discussion and just see if he pulls the auction or changes the description (bit late now people have bid!)

You never no he may be reasonable and really not have a clue, however im beggining to doubt that as has obviously been restoring that splitscreen (just read in his description)!
William
crazydaze
15 years ago
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Reminds me alot of this thread last year?

https://forums.pre67vw.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=16151 

Alex.

crazydaze wrote:

Yes, it is a very similar type of car but definitely a different car, do you remember how fantastic the dash was in that other car?! ( I wish I had saved the pics now :lol: ) and it was blue and someone on the samba saw this red one for sale on there earlier this year.

It could be worse, for $50k you could buy this :shock:
https://www.356registry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6015 

Makes the 52 beetle an absolute bargain!

I hate picking on cars for sale usually, but just occasionally gems like these come along! And at Christmas too! To bring us all joyful cheer :d Resto floorscrapers and Stock baha's singing carols together! :beer: :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Judson53
15 years ago
someones offered £7500 😮
mrsherbie
15 years ago
IT WAS YOU! Judson 53! I can tell you are wanting it badly now! Good old ebay bidding frenzy!! :lol:
Judson53
15 years ago
dam u found me out,was going to offer a px on the 53 as well
crazydaze
15 years ago
The two cars were advertised with an equally vague/inaccurate description and I thought the 'country of origin' was similar :roll:

I hate to think someone's about to get properly ripped off.

Alex.
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Yes, are were actually amazingly similar, I also thought it was the same car at first. Maybe Rich Oakley or someone saved the pics of the other one? Thats why I posted it here too, because it worries me to think the buyer might not realise what they are buying. But I think we have just made more people want it instead!? As a cheap split I think it was very cool as it is! But at £7.5k sadly for someone maybe its not so funny anymore.
Kids taxi
15 years ago
Is it worth posting up something on Ebay to warn potential buyers of this frank Abortion ?? and Can people please stop posting up Updated pictures of that awful looking woman , Im going to be sick

KT
Im too Old for This
15 years ago
This auction has got me so mad that I had to do something about it- Obviously there are similar threads on the samba, restowagen and here- I have posted the following question hoping it will appear on ebay with the others-

"Hi, On a number of forum's with a number of Vintage VW experts to hand they are doubting the credentials of this as being a true 1952 beetle- There are a number of incorrect features for a car of this vintage- Can you please tell me what you know??? "

lets see what happens.....

15 years ago
Response as follows....

Dear sethnsuzie,

I wish I knew more. Everything I have said is all I know. What

- caspo!

:roll: :roll:
Ovalbug
15 years ago
I think the seller knows very well that the car is (to put it bluntly :lol: ) a POS.
Asked them via Ebay what the chassis number is and got the reply 'is that the number behind the spare wheel?' :roll: .
Looking over on Anna's Samba thread its quite obvious the seller is being evasive as now he has said he isn't prepared to answer any further questions 😳 .
Hope he gets the pants sued off him by the (un)lucky new owner.........:lol:

'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Right, ive just sent him a strongly worded message explaining what we think (crap car) but have just read an edition to his auction

I HAVE HAD THREE EBAYERS EMAILING REGARDING THE AUTHENTICITY OF THIS 1952 BUG AND THEY ARE ADAMANT THAT THE CAR IS NOT A GENUINE ARTICLE. I BOUGHT THIS CAR IN GOOD FAITH AND HAVE HAD TWO VW GEEKS INSPECT THE VEHICLE. IF THERE IS ANYONE BIDDING WHO BELIEVES I SHOULD REMOVE THIS BUG FROM THE EBAY SALE, PLEASE SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD THERE PEACE. I AM SELLING THIS CAR IN GOOD FAITH AND I HAVE DESCRIBED EVERYTHING I CAN. IF I HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH EBAYERS I WILL BE REMOVING IT BY TOMMOROW OTHERWISE I WILL SEE THE AUCTION TIL THE END. FOR EBAYERS WHO DO HAVE A PROBLEM EITHER PLEASE INSPECT THE CAR IN PERSON OR STOP

BUGGGGIN

ME.................

so I vote we all appeal to his sence of decency and send him messages stating the situation!:d
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago
He's now posted the chassis number as being: 10441579.
Does that make it late February 1953?
54 Gertie
15 years ago

He's now posted the chassis number as being: 10441579.
Does that make it late February 1953?

RoRoVw wrote:

seems like it according to the samba!

But that chassis is never a 53, it looks completely wrong (maybe its had an earlier no. grafted in!)
William
RoRoVw
15 years ago

seems like it according to the samba!

But that chassis is never a 53, it looks completely wrong (maybe its had an earlier no. grafted in!)

54 Gertie wrote:

That makes it even worse and definately fraudulent. That will be why he's being so evasive and so that he can say afterwards that he had no knowledge of the true situation.
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Someone on VZi has just spotted that it has a sprung bonnet (like on 60s bugs!)

UserPostedImage
William
topolino
15 years ago
they recon he is going by two different names as well, austin and dean, maybe he is the stig
54 Gertie
15 years ago
There are discussions on here, restowagon, Vzi, The samba and ore I expect, surely he has to go onto one of those!

He is selling a 60s bug and has been restoring a splitscreen
William