• pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
😛
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
54 Gertie
15 years ago
He's going by two differnent names apparently "Austin" and "Dean" ???
William
15 years ago
Sent him this message via eBay:

Right, this is definately no split!

The dash is handmade, the underbonnet area is all wrong, the louvres are not factory, it is a real hodge podge!

If you are genuinly un aware of this then I think it would be a good idea to pull the auction! The chassis is 100% not split (looks mid 60s) and if the shell is genuine 52 then it has had a new complete front end, new dash and a load of other parts replaced and welded in! The only part that looks genuine is the rear window, that could have been grafted in as the headliner looks a bit suspect!

If you want to e-mail me at you can to discuss this firther or if you are genuinely un aware then I can talk you through what is wrong with your car!

Im guessing that YOU were swindeld when you bought it and thought you were buying a pukka split, so now you are trying to re-coup your losses by doing the same to other people (a bit unfair!)

Regards and in hope something is done

I was going to bid £30k on this but after reading his email reply I'm going to pass... :wink: [The asterisks have been added by me to get past bad language filter on this board]:

F*ck you mate. Have you read the ad. I am not trying to swindle anyone. I have given the nidder a chance to contact me before I take it off ebay. I hate ars*holes who have the knowledge but have a f*cking attitude and start accusing the world. I believe I have been extremely fair with my ad and as soon as I did find out that I had been knocked I have added that on the advert so screw you.

I have enough issues with my lose and I dont need you to rub it in. And as far as swindling anyone, that is not me.....

caspo! on eBay wrote:

You lot think he's being evasive?! :lol:
Etzhold1
15 years ago
I do not understand 4 pages about this wreck !:?
:idea: I'll start to rebuild my 50 standard , maybe it will get also some attention !
And maybe I can sell it then !:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kids taxi
15 years ago
Im glad to see the Great and Knowledgable people on Pre 67 are putting this to be frank con man in his place

:wink:

Im too Old for This
15 years ago
UserPostedImage
Picture here of the Bus next to the 52. The 52 appears green in this pic though. Must be a trick of the light
Neil
SSVC President
GKL 7
15 years ago
That picture needs resizing sausage fingers,takes all night to download:wink:

Any chance of making it larger,i'd be interested, thanks.(It's just that the other one was green you see)
54 Gertie
15 years ago
It's this picture, I cant see the 52 in it? (Im probably blind)

It's not the one in the reflection!

UserPostedImage
William
GKL 7
15 years ago

It's this picture, I cant see the 52 in it?

54 Gertie wrote:

I know the similarities are massive,but that green car is in FACT a wheelie bin:lol:
15 years ago
:lol: Brilliant!!!

Seriously thou- Can we send his admission of being conned and now trying to sell it on to ebay??
six-o-one
15 years ago
Is this the other 'similar' split from the other thread next to it?
:shock:

1598833.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
15 years ago
It looks like the collaborative effort of various VW forums has convinced him to remove the listings- Why he is waiting til tomorrow I do not understand but hey- at least it appears like no one will be stitched up!

Congratulations all.

54 Gertie
15 years ago
YEY!

No ones getting conned!

Having moaned on about this car, I hope it doesn't get broken up and is just driven because what's done is done and breaking it will not put the 52 back together!

Good luck to whoever buys it for hopefully NOT £5000! :lol:

I will be taking this car off ebay due to current circumstances with the authenticity of the car. I have been spending time on forums such as 'The samba and Volkzone'to see what the apparent NERDS of the Bug world have been saying about it. They do need a life.....I will be selling the car on Ebay tommorow as SPARES ONLY. Thank you for your query.

William
IN2VWS
15 years ago
He has copped a bollocking on several forums.
The car was for sale in Indonesia in July 2007.
Looking at the other VWs he owns, I think he knows exactly what he is trying to sell.

I don't know why Indonesians haven't taken the art world by storm....they are obviously great sculptures....
Judson53
15 years ago
reply from email on ebay...

"I will be taking this car off ebay due to current circumstances with the authenticity of the car. I have been spending time on forums such as 'The samba and Volkzone'to see what the apparent NERDS of the Bug world have been saying about it. They do need a life....."

cheeky shit....
Caspo
15 years ago
Good Evening All, Please allow me to introduce myself, My name is Austin Powers(ebay name)my real name is Dean.

Let me make this clear.

I have been knocked when I bought this car
I did not put this car up for sale in late july
I have made a genuine mistake with EBay in decribubg this car
I have learnt alot from the ebay questions I have had
I have learnt that too many people on this site have too much time on there hands
I will be taking this car off ebay due to current circumstances with the authenticity of the car.
I will be selling the car on Ebay tommorow as SPARES ONLY with no paperwork.
I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS CAR IS apart from knowing its a hybrid beetle of some sort.
I just bought it like this.
I am only human and I can make a mistake.

If you have anything to say to me please dont hide behind a forum....

[email protected] look forward to grownup conversation.

Regards

Austin.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I have learnt that too many people on this site have too much time on there hands

Caspo wrote:

Hello, the reason that we took an interest was because none of us want to see people buying something that is no quite what it sounds like (accidentally or not !)

I am pleased to see that you are going to pull the auction and selling it for spares seems fair, allthough there is no reason it shouldnt be able to stay the way it is (its cool, just not when you think your getting a genuine split!)

William
Caspo
15 years ago
Hi 54 Gertie,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your reply but how do you recommend I sell this bug?
Judson53
15 years ago
Hi,you could advertise it as a spit replica,or just a usabul beetle,not a genuine split,it does look quite solid!which is always good.

54 Gertie
15 years ago

Hi 54 Gertie,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your reply but how do you recommend I sell this bug?

Caspo wrote:

I reccomend that you sell it as a CAR, not parts!

You need to make it very clear however that it is, not an original split! People will more than happily buy a non original car (maybe not from this forum:d ) but you need to say what it is and pretty much spell out the fact that "This car is not standard!"

William