Sunroof53
15 years ago
Hello,I am looking for either a 30hp or 25hp running engine for my 53 .can you help?
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
https://www.pre67vw.com/classifieds/detail.aspx?id=1197 
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Bally
15 years ago

Hello,I am looking for either a 30hp or 25hp running engine for my 53 .can you help?

Sunroof53 wrote:

I've got a 36horse from a 59. I've not tested it but I got it as a working engine in a job lot. It does turn but the fan housing isn't installed. I was going to get it all back together and running later in the year but if it floats your boat then I can bring that deadline forward!

Dave
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Bally,is the generator pedastool part of the case or is it separate on your engine?

Thanks for reply
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Hi ,

I have rebuilded dec 53 engine for sale ! (24hp)

Guido
Bally
15 years ago

Bally,is the generator pedastool part of the case or is it separate on your engine?

Thanks for reply

Sunroof53 wrote:

It is separate.

Dave
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

It is separate.

Dave

Bally wrote:

Dave,

that's a 40hp (34bhp) engine (1961 or later).

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Etzhold1
15 years ago
A 58 engine for sale on ebay !
58 engine  

Guido:wink:
Sunroof53
15 years ago
Thanks for your replies ,unfortunatly i am situated in the uk and dont speak German .I have a couple of leads for 30 hp engines in the uk .i would have liked a 25 but they 3 times the price of a 30hp and look almost the same so cant really justify the expense.i stripped my old engine today and could rebuild it as it only needs barrels and pistons(2 are scored and piston groove is o/s)But again they are expensive to rebuild ,Barrel and pistons are £330 so with a gasket set it is almost as much as a complete unit .The advantage i have in buying a whole engine is that i could do with the lower tinware for the heaters which are also expensive to buy.The difficult part as always is knowing whether the second hand engines are really any good as i could still end up having to rebuild one and costing even more.its a job to know which road to go down.

Sunroof53
15 years ago
Finally found a good 30hp .Should be up and running soon