Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
My rear number plate is simply bolted through the engine lid. Is this correct or should there be a bracket of some sort that the plate fits to? The car is a Dec 55 model if that makes a difference. If I do need a bracket, does anyone know of a source for one please?

Many thanks,

Dave
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
VW Stan
15 years ago
Most UK plates are bolted straight on to the engine lid.
If you don't fancy doing that, you could get hold of a bracket I've seen on US bugs that uses the popes nose mountings.

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
54 Gertie
15 years ago

My rear number plate is simply bolted through the engine lid. Is this correct or should there be a bracket of some sort that the plate fits to? The car is a Dec 55 model if that makes a difference. If I do need a bracket, does anyone know of a source for one please?

Many thanks,

Dave

Bally wrote:

What you have their is completely standard! It should just be bolted with two bolts straight onto the decklid! The only time ive ever seen the no. plate being stood away from the normal area is when people with big engines cut vents behind the plate and put it on small stand offs to give a gap between the plate and the vents!
William
Bally
  • Bally
  • Regular Topic Starter
15 years ago
Thanks Chaps.

I'm happy with how it is, I just wnated to do it correctly if there was a better way of doing it.

Cheers,

Dave