GKL 7
15 years ago

42BXA was owned by a chap called Mark or Martin Ridout

Rich Oakley wrote:

Who had it before him then?
Mike Peckham
15 years ago

42 BXA was that owned by Martin Southwell,he Standardised a Deluxe,wouldn't say made it cal look.
Painted a semi gloss dark green.

Is this the car you mean, I took this photo at Action '81 or '82 I think. It was certainly Martin Southwells car at the time:

94 AXU.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
GKL 7
15 years ago
Thats the bugger
Not big on numbers.
Not the sort that stands at the end of a railway platform in my anorak with pad and pencil:wink:
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Is this the car you mean, I took this photo at Action '81 or '82 I think. It was certainly Martin Southwells car at the time:

Mike Peckham wrote:

94 AXU is painted Sand Beige now and riding around with the rear lights half way up the rear wings. The infamous Halifax Beetles owned it at one point in the 1990s. Not sure who owns it now, but I don't think that it's John Miller. Maybe he'll pop into this thread and confirm this?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

94 AXU is painted Sand Beige now and riding around with the rear lights half way up the rear wings.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Familiar story....But we're working on it!:wink:
William
55Kab
15 years ago
And here's a couple shots of 42 BXA taken Stanford Hall 1987

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Is that JLT in the background?

Its a real shame that that is never taken to any shows!:wink: Its in lands end isnt it?:?
William
pre67vw
15 years ago

94 AXU is painted Sand Beige now and riding around with the rear lights half way up the rear wings. The infamous Halifax Beetles owned it at one point in the 1990s. Not sure who owns it now, but I don't think that it's John Miller. Maybe he'll pop into this thread and confirm this?

Rich Oakley wrote:

This was 2003...  100_0108.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  100_0109.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
15 years ago

Is that JLT in the background?

Its a real shame that that is never taken to any shows!:wink: Its in lands end isnt it?:?

54 Gertie wrote:

Last I heard, it was on display at the REME museum

https://www.rememuseum.org.uk/recent/vw.htm 
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW