lammyrider
15 years ago
here are a few pics of my 59 original 92k miles uk bug, just needs a bit of tlc and heater channels
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
stickman
15 years ago
Nice looking Beetle. Where are you planning on getting your heater channels from? I need one and am undecided as to the most accurate replacement.

Will you post details of the work? Sorry I'm nosey and love looking at peoples projetcs:d
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago
Is that not a `58?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
15 years ago
Rich Oakley has just wet his pants.
lammyrider
15 years ago

Is that not a `58?

JD wrote:

its registered in 59 but may be a late 58 model, i need to check on the id plate
lammyrider
15 years ago

Nice looking Beetle. Where are you planning on getting your heater channels from? I need one and am undecided as to the most accurate replacement.

Will you post details of the work? Sorry I'm nosey and love looking at peoples projetcs:d

stickman wrote:

well at the mo ive got it up for sale, if i dont manage to sell im gonna keep it and get work done, which i will post how its going. im looking at either klassicfab in the us or autocraft, both are supposed to be looking into making the correct channels
lammyrider
15 years ago

its registered in 59 but may be a late 58 model, i need to check on the id plate

lammyrider wrote:

built may 59 according to chassis number
Rach66
15 years ago
It's lovely:d
GKL 7
15 years ago
Notice this car is advertised at the moment for £2.5K
Very reasonable.
lammyrider
15 years ago

Notice this car is advertised at the moment for £2.5K
Very reasonable.

'50 Karmann wrote:

cheers not having much look at the mo!!:?
mrsherbie
15 years ago
It looks a really nice car for £2.5. I saw it for sale and thought it seemed nice too.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
lammyrider
15 years ago
[quote=mrsherbie]It looks a really nice car for £2.5. I saw it for sale and thought it seemed nice too.

But can I just ask you to kindly refrain from making spiteful comments about me on other forums please, especially given the fact that you and I have never even met or spoken to each other, and I have certainly never made any comments about you or other people, other than many years ago on SSVC once I said I liked your van a lot :wink:
I am sure you are a nice person and would not say such silly comments to me in person.
VZI & now even recently SSVC have become childrens playgrounds, and I have not posted on either for a long time now for that very reason.

Thankyou!

[/quote
Hi sorry someone has upset you and I know how you feel but I'm not lammyrider on any other forum, I am mango guy on other forums, so sorry but I'm not guilty of that, but it's not your fault as I'm lammyrider on here, maybe I should change my name.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Hi sorry someone has upset you and I know how you feel but I'm not lammyrider on any other forum, I am mango guy on other forums, so sorry but I'm not guilty of that, but it's not your fault as I'm lammyrider on here, maybe I should change my name.

lammyrider wrote:

OOps! :oops: Sorry! :shock: I wrongly assumed you were the same lammyrider who has posted on vzi!

Anyway, I am sure you will sell the beetle without to much problem, the original interior speaks volumes about how well a car has been cared for over the years :d
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
15 years ago
I knew I should have bought this car! And to think, a bit of heater channel rot and an incorrect decklid was what made me walk away!:oops: :roll:

Now I have got a rusty 63, with the wrong decklid!:wink: :lol:

I really do hate moaning about other peoples car, I would have it to happen to me, but it is such a shame to go from such an original and lovely car to this! Now it just looks like any other resto cal!:wink: :roll:

Again, sorry if this is your car and you are reading it, I will happily remove it!:wink:

UserPostedImage
William
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
I did nearly go and buy this car, but have promised the wife I will not buy more than 20 cars in any one year. I am learning to restrain myself.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I did nearly go and buy this car, but have promised the wife I will not buy more than 20 cars in any one year. I am learning to restrain myself.

Rich Oakley wrote:

I just wished that I had gone and bought it, the paint also looks near perfect on the new owners photos!:roll: I was terrified when I saw a picture of the original engine coming out but it turned out just to be a way of de-coking the ore heat pipes!:lol:
:lol:

Only
20 a year, you really are cutting back!:lol: :wink:

William
paulbugman
15 years ago
looks very nice
harveypj
15 years ago
the wheels are all wonky 😳 :wink:
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
15 years ago

the wheels are all wonky 😳 :wink:

harveypj wrote:

Yeah, you'd think he'd fix that!:wink: :lol:

In all seriousness, some cars (annoyingly) do kind of suit resto cal, but this one just doesnt!:wink: :roll:

William