Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
i have been trying to clean the seats of my 1960 bug, although superfical dirt comes off quite easily it's the sort of ground in discolouration that's a problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's best to use, soapy water and elbow grease is just not doing the trick!!! :lol:

Thanks guys

Emma
x
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
heb623
19 years ago
Buy new seats :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted: ET
I ’ll never regret the things I did wrong!
I only regret the good things I did for the wrong people!
ralphtown
19 years ago
I,ve found that neat washing up liquid on a sponge can shift most dirt and staining.
Autogly products are expensive but work well.

If your car is in very good condition and the interior is letting it down,then perhaps,new interior is the answer.

Try the washing up liquid on a sponge first.

RALPH.
ralphtown
19 years ago
AUTOGLYM

I,ll learn how to type one day :)

RALPH
Emma
  • Emma
  • Guest Topic Starter
19 years ago
Thanks, I'll try all your suggestions. Failing that I guess I'll just get the new seats!

Emma
welbster11
18 years ago
The best thing you can use on any vinyl seats is Ajax or Jif. A friend is a trimmer and that is what he uses to get his trims clean once complete.

Try it, it will work.

I have had boats and cars all with vinyl seats including my 1962 bug with its off white vinyl and with a wet cloth and plenty of Jif (or Cif as it is now called) they came up a treat.

Cheers
Welbster11
j.scribner
18 years ago
We have a product here in the states called "Fast Orange" hand cleaner, with orange oil and a small amount of finely ground pumice in it. There's probably a proprietary version available in the UK. I've used it for stubborn grime and discoloration on vinyl, and it works well. be gentle, and use a very soft scrub brush, and follow with soap and water. It will work particularly well on basketweave vinyl. Good Luck,
John Scribner