15 years ago

Were you banned because you "voiced" this opinion? :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

haha no, but theres alot of people on there utterly clueless with regard to vws
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

You need to make a phone call to Terrys Beetle services .The truth is out there and not difficult to find

Only pictures taken during the repair/rebuild can prove anything. Word of mouth does not, especially after so many years, with people's memories of the event becoming blurred and confused by the 'Rattletrap's a fake theories' going around.

Looking at the car which is still very real, and hardly touched since the rebuild does clearly tell a story of an extensive body repair. It does not indicate that it has a whole new body. One can only judge by the facts laid out before them.

It is really not conceivable that another split-window Beetle would be broken-up for its body shell. And remember, back then splits were harder to come by.

An early Oval would be an obvious sacrifice at the time, and then weld Rattletrap's back window in, that's how a few zwitters have come to exist and some of their owners probably don't even know:!:

But back to Rattletrap's rear window, it still has the old headlining around it, into the rear quarter panels and into the roof, so we know it hasn't been disturbed. This old cloth would disintegrate if removed and could not be put back to look as it does. Nearby welding of course would destroy it.

It's a fantastic show car for somebody that loves some history with their rare car, it will always be popular at VW and non-VW car shows.

Sold well below its true value I think. :wink:

Standard split wrote:

You sound like you are trying to convince yourself. It speaks volumes that you claim to know so much more about all this than the people who actually did the work.
They´ve probably forgotten what work was done on that famous car. Yes, very plausible. I bet thats right.

I´m sure I have a post accident photo somewhere of the banana shaped remains with both seats nearly on the same side of the car.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

haha no, but theres alot of people on there utterly clueless with regard to vws

stu wrote:

Wow - harsh! Maybe they just like them?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Sunroof53
15 years ago

i do chuckle listening to the children on volkszone talking complete bollocks

stu wrote:

Oh dear.[-x .People like these cars for all kinds of reasons and some are new to the scene .You dont have to be an expert to own one or have an opinion .VZI is an exellent hub for all aspects of the scene and a great place to learn ,talk and share experience about the cars we all are passionate about .Those "chidren " as you called them might the people that save another car .Its sites like VZI and here that help them acheive it.
We are somtimes missinformed about our cars as there are a lot of "experts",but it takes a real adult to address this and not comments like the one you made.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Oh dear.[-x .People like these cars for all kinds of reasons and some are new to the scene .You dont have to be an expert to own one or have an opinion .VZI is an exellent hub for all aspects of the scene and a great place to learn ,talk and share experience about the cars we all are passionate about .Those "chidren " as you called them might the people that save another car .Its sites like VZI and here that help them acheive it.
We are somtimes missinformed about our cars as there are a lot of "experts",but it takes a real adult to address this and not comments like the one you made.

Sunroof53 wrote:

you sound like you need to get laid mate seriously lol
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Wow - harsh! Maybe they just like them?

JD wrote:

maybe
Sunroof53
15 years ago

you sound like you need to get laid mate seriously lol

stu wrote:

No Just banging:p you to rights:lol:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

No Just banging:p you to rights:lol:

Sunroof53 wrote:

you still sound like you need to get laid :wink:
GKL 7
15 years ago
...........  flying_cat_fight.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
mrsherbie
15 years ago

Were you banned because you "voiced" this opinion? :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

:lol:

Most of the mods there need putting down too, you forgot that bit so I will say it for you :lol: :beer:

JD watch out, like Picard, you WILL get assimilated! and before you know it you will be wearing hoodies and will completely lose the ability to 'spell' :shock: :lol:

BORG 

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Or here.. :d

UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Hang on, I just realised there are no women in that pic!

UserPostedImage
pre67vw
15 years ago
Lets keep on topic and leave out the personal comments.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
lifeintheslowlane
15 years ago

Or here.. :d

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

There you go again, belittling members of the HVWOC...you'll be old one day.:?

...and as for the kids on VZi:roll: I never get a wave from kids in slammed Beetles when I'm driving my Ghia. I'm sure they don't have a clue what it is.
John.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Most of the mods there need putting down too, you forgot that bit so I will say it for you :lol: :beer:

JD watch out, like Picard, you WILL get assimilated! and before you know it you will be wearing hoodies and will completely lose the ability to 'spell' :shock: :lol:

BORG 

UserPostedImage

mrsherbie wrote:

i told 1 of the mods once that his trimuph dolomite was one of the ugliest cars ever made, i got banned instantly LOL
Dubster
15 years ago

i told 1 of the mods once that his trimuph dolomite was one of the ugliest cars ever made, i got banned instantly LOL

stu wrote:

Really? That was more than a bit harsh on you though, even though there are other cars uglier than Dolomites!
December 1966 UK 1500 Beetle
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Really? That was more than a bit harsh on you though, even though there are other cars uglier than Dolomites!

Dubster wrote:

i didnt put it quite like that, i just said i fail to see what you see in a car that ugly, it was a genuine question! as i still dont get it :d
54 Gertie
15 years ago
Right, on topic!!!!! :wink:

Has anyone seen that this is for sale in Ultra VW this months?:wink: :idea:
William
mrsherbie
15 years ago
Not yet, but I bet its new owner is one very happy guy, because I bet the poor ex-owners phone is ringing off the hook about now!