48REME
  • 48REME
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
15 years ago
Nearly finished...with two-tone wheel scheme of L14 Reseda and L244 Moss Greens.
Dave has really done a very nice job!:beer:  Photo00335.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00334.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  Photo00337.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
harveypj
15 years ago
I love the colour.
car looks fantastic.
Stock......the new custom
eleazar
15 years ago
wow , excelente , saludos
Rich Oakley
15 years ago
Next steps Nicolas?
UserPostedImage
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago
Well.....I think I prefer my Standards to be less fun, Richard! Still, a nice 60 with push-button door handles nevertheless. Where did you find this one?
GKL 7
15 years ago

Next steps Nicolas?
UserPostedImage

Rich Oakley wrote:

Can never understand a man who puts accessories on a Standard.
Standard split
15 years ago

Can never understand a man who puts accessories on a Standard.

'50 Karmann wrote:

So true, a Standard really should be as intended, just what is needed to make it a car.

A Standard looks ridiculous when all it has to hold the seats in place are a couple of wing nuts, (which is nice though), and then a load of unnecessary items fitted to it:!:

The Standard being the true People's Car too :wink:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
48REME
  • 48REME
15 years ago

So true, a Standard really should be as intended, just what is needed to make it a car.

A Standard looks ridiculous when all it has to hold the seats in place are a couple of wing nuts, (which is nice though), and then a load of unnecessary items fitted to it:!:

The Standard being the true People's Car too :wink:

Standard split wrote:

Agreed...I don't even like radios in Standards. I'm glad my blanking panel was not removed for a radio.
Colour scheme on this 60 is slightly wrong: bumpers, hubcaps and handles need to be L226 Silver Grey and the outer wheel rims, L? Slate Grey. Wiper bases should be black and black logos
should be painted on hubcaps. There you go...the result of all my homework on early square window Standards! :wink:
Still, I wouldn't mind seeing that one some day. It could be easily rectified and worth the effort. I only know of 3 other from that early 1960 period before peanuts replaced the semaphores.:wink: