zelensis61
15 years ago
Hello folks. I have this question on wich I can not find the right answer.

A friend of me is searching for the correct colorcode an mixing formula for new paint that match this color
1949 Coral red known as L202 ?
Any help is appreciated. It is to paint the sidepanels of a early convertible. :roll:

ps: I have asked guido but for the moment he got other and more difficult questions to deal with. :?

Thanks. Peter

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
GKL 7
15 years ago
A convertable with pink side panels,is your friend a Hairdresser:lol:

Is that the same colour as the '49 in Wolfsburg, Peter? Maybe someone there can help.

Etzhold1
15 years ago

A convertable with pink side panels,is your friend a Hairdresser:lol:

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's not a hairdresser[-x 😳 , but sometimes he's shaving people :?: What Could be his profession:?: :?: :?:
I think Peter is looking for the L50 korralenrot Formula !
I was calling yesterday a friend Who is selling car paints ( PPG, Glasurit ), He could not help me with that formule , his books are going till 54/55 cars !
Maybe Christian can help Jac with this formule, because #5 is painted in that color !

Guido
zelensis61
15 years ago
Thanks guys,

Actualy the original nr for Korallen rot in mid 1949 was L202.
It was changed afterwards to L50.

George, If you want me to do your hair...let me know. I'll bring my gear to Hessisch. You will remember it for ever.:shock:

Guido. I let you know if I can get a formula. Jac will probably contact you for that other issue.:wink: He know this kind of trouble. I informed him a bit.
Thanks.

To al the others who own a coral red paintes car....please get met the formula.
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
Etzhold1
15 years ago
Peter,

I don't know where you found that information , but for me it looks strange !
The L 3 digit ( LXXX codes where not used before 3/53 )
Below you see what I have here for hebmuller body's from dec 49 till dec 50
I was checking the list , no 3 digit codes before 3/53 , I do not have the pre 49 lists but It would be realy surpriced me if they where using that 3 digit code before 1953 ! But you never know with those Germans !:roll:

Karosserie L 41 schwarz L 41 schwarz L 41 schwarz
Optional Karosserie L 50 korallenrot L 60 elfenbein

OK OK , I'll send you the complete list, everything is there color interiour , wheels , top ect !!

Best regards,

Guido

zelensis61
15 years ago
Thanks Guido...
Like I wrote you, L202 was used in first half of 49 😎 and probably replaced with L50.
So George, If you still think it is pink...it is not.:?

So if there is somebody with the paintcode -formula for making correct L50 Korrallenrot, you may send it to me or post it here.
Thanks.