stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

I would agree except that it's a RHD pre '55 grooved doors & hearts model, which I think bumps it's value up compared to a LHD '56-'57

pre67vw wrote:

yeh still desirable, but it would of been far nicer if left in its original ultramaroon
1inchwarrior
15 years ago
Stu, although it's not on the car I still have the original gearstick.

As for the colour the previous owner, who collected all the history of the vehicle from the DVLA thought (how I have no idea) that he was returning it to it's orignal colour as the log book stated Maroon, but that was only because it had lost the Ultra bit after the 1st time it changed hands.

It was Ultramaroon until he had it resprayed. Doh!!! oh and stock height just as you'd of liked it.
topolino
15 years ago
there are allready pics of this car on stus looking for a oval thread when it was ultramaroon showing how solid and unwelded this car is,original rhd, ok its modified a bit, thats more easy to put right if you want a stocker than welding up a rusty shell, a welded restored car never seems to drive as nice as a unwelded car thats vw or any other car, the price is fine seeing warick gooch,s car went for £11,000 and evil bens old car went for £17,000 they were both modified as well, try finding a unwelded solid uk car any cheaper, good luck with the sale and good luck to anyone who thinks they can find a uk rustfree car for £2,000.
1inchwarrior
15 years ago
any chance of putting a link to that thread / pics please, I've looked but don't seem to be able to find it.
VW Stan
15 years ago

any chance of putting a link to that thread / pics please, I've looked but don't seem to be able to find it.

1inchwarrior wrote:

have a look at page 11... 
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
15 years ago

"us"? I thought you were one of them there resto-cal people :lol: obviously not that concerned with originality?? :lol:

pre67vw wrote:

I am, but I do like and appreciate stock and you never know what will end up in my garage! :lol:

BTW - Come and have a look at the Cabrio and I think you'll find I located the correct wings and bonnet and it will be painted it's original colour! :wink:
1inchwarrior
15 years ago

Thanks Stan, but page 11 of what????

Ignore that, just found it 🙂
1inchwarrior
15 years ago
Dam.. I thought there were pics out there that an old owner had put on then for a second...nevermind.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
15 years ago

Stu, although it's not on the car I still have the original gearstick.

As for the colour the previous owner, who collected all the history of the vehicle from the DVLA thought (how I have no idea) that he was returning it to it's orignal colour as the log book stated Maroon, but that was only because it had lost the Ultra bit after the 1st time it changed hands.

It was Ultramaroon until he had it resprayed. Doh!!! oh and stock height just as you'd of liked it.

1inchwarrior wrote:

i no it was ultramaroon before he painted it, i remember him painting it & thinking this guys crazy!!, it was an original paint factory colour car, (inside anyway) before he ruined it, the repro interior, wheels & wings have done it no favours either, ive seen pics of the front of the heater channels & front bulkhead, but ive not seen pics of the rear (where they always rust out), is it as clean there too?, has it been plated by the rear torsion tubes? or the corners of the rear bulkhead or inner rear wings?
Ovalbug
15 years ago
If it was my car and was offered £6K for it I'd honestly take the money :wink: .
Am not kocking the car here, as I think it's lovely , but although it is an original UK car there is a fair bit that isn't to the original spec eg the upholstery and paint.
The classic car price guides regard any car that has been stripped of their original plates and re-registered with an age-related plate as being worth up to 20% less than a vehicle with its original number.....
Adding all this up I think you've set a realistic price and someone will undoubtedly get a nice 'sorted' vehicle for the money..........

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD