Mike Peckham
15 years ago

Same! I always think that Aug 55 onwards ovals looks as if they have been "modernised" by a previous owner! Bigger taillights, more modern colours and interiors, no good old rib on the doors! :wink: However a 58/59 has these bits but they are generally a more modern car and it suits them! A 58 with heart taillights would just look wrong! :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Funny thing, my preference is definitely for the post ‘08/55 ovals. I have owned a number of ‘54s ‘55s and a couple of ‘53s but my preference remains for the ’56 /’57 model years.

I think this is based on my feeling that the post ‘08/55 ovals have many of the driving and comfort benefits of the later cars but retain the iconic body shape.

For me the mix is just right, I would choose a ’56 over a ’55 any day. :wink:

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Standard split
15 years ago
It's back up for sale:?:

Gone up in price rather a lot too :?

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C87954/ 

Fine 58.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
64rotbox
15 years ago
"Completely original..."

Looks like some 'enthusiastic amateurs' with too much money to spare, playing at being classic car dealers.
You can call me Al.
VW Stan
15 years ago
A nice car for £6000 but not so nice for £9000! :shock:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

A nice car for £6000 but not so nice for £9000! :shock:

VW Stan wrote:

Agreed. No harm in trying to make a few $$ in my opinion, but I just don't reckon that's a 9k car.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
15 years ago
VW Stan
15 years ago

Agreed. No harm in trying to make a few $$ in my opinion, but I just don't reckon that's a 9k car.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Maybe they spent £3k on the photo shoot! :wink:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
harveypj
15 years ago

Maybe they spent £3k on the photo shoot! :wink:

VW Stan wrote:

I'd have spent it on getting a correct head lining:twisted: (sorry thats a bit bitchy:wink: )

Was indeed a good buy for £6k, would need to be finished 100% correct to push 9 IMO
Stock......the new custom
54 Gertie
15 years ago

I'd have spent it on getting a correct head lining:twisted: (sorry thats a bit bitchy:wink: )

Was indeed a good buy for £6k, would need to be finished 100% correct to push 9 IMO

harveypj wrote:

They didnt really have time between buying it and selling! :wink:

Also whats wrong with a 60s headliner? :twisted: :cry:

:beer: :lol:

William
harveypj
15 years ago

Also whats wrong with a 60s headliner? :twisted: :cry:
:beer: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Nothing......in a 60's car:wink: Mid 60's I might add.....when did they change from brushed cotton to vynal?

Stock......the new custom
Rich Oakley
15 years ago

Nothing......in a 60's car:wink: Mid 60's I might add.....when did they change from brushed cotton to vynal?

harveypj wrote:

63 model.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
69project
15 years ago
i cant believe this!!!

looked on site and he has a lot of other overpriced classics

wanker
Car less.....
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
shame about the headliner! nasty!