Rich Oakley
14 years ago
UserPostedImage

Christian/Bjoern? Is there something you are not telling us?? :wink: :lol:
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Standard split
14 years ago
What's the one on the left :?
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

What's the one on the left :?

Standard split wrote:

A '43 Type 60.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
14 years ago

A '43 Type 60.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Its a rare on indeed with flat head lights and windscreen trim – £95,000:?:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
zelensis61
14 years ago
Finaly it is back home....
The car on the left is ANOTHER Kdf 43. Christian and his father are again lucky( it is how you see it) to have a few new cars in their collection.
It will now be " a piece of cake " to restore this one. The man in charche for the metal work is looking not so happy on the pict but he is the man to do it. And he did other magic to some cars.

Congrats family Grundmann.
Greetings Peter .

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
54 Gertie
14 years ago
Good luck to them......:wink:

Im sure Heritage will have all of the bits in stock...or at least they can order them in from Vw Brazil! :wink:

(Rich, any news on some wing photos? :wink: )

:shock:

UserPostedImage
William
55Kab
14 years ago
Now that is good news. I assume this means the car is shortly to be fully restored? If so, I'd love to follow its progress on its own website which I think it deserves.
Standard split
14 years ago
An incredible task, but an incredible car:wink:

Wish them all the luck with this. It seems that the car is in the best hands if there is any chance to get it right :beer:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Score!

Loving the paint on that orange thing! Any guesses which particular decade that one last saw the road?:lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
fantakid
14 years ago
Hi there,
thanks for the nice repleys.
The other KDF is a 1943 Typ 92 wich was build in April.
Bye Christian
mrsherbie
14 years ago
It makes me so happy to see you guys get these cars! hooray! :beer: :beer:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Can I add a plea not to restore that orange car! I love it as it is.
UserPostedImage
pp
  • pp
14 years ago

Hi there,
thanks for the nice repleys.
The other KDF is a 1943 Typ 92 wich was build in April.
Bye Christian

fantakid wrote:

This is very good news, congratulations with the purchase of both cars! I hope to take a closer look at the VW38 at H.O. in June.

I’m a bit surprised that the previous owner decided to let go of the ’43 also, but I assume he was not having any intention to restore any of the cars…!? btw, what is the difference between a Typ 82e and a Typ 92 KdF?

Good luck with the restauration project(s) and keep us updated on the progress please!

Regards from Belgium,
Paul

www.ppress.be  - Classic Car Photography
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
14 years ago
"I've heard that Porsche engines fit straight in these..."

UserPostedImage
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Undis
14 years ago
I'm very happy about the outcome! I was kind of worried at one point that the parties involved will not come to an agreement, but all is good now. Looking forward to seeing the ’38 once more; this time at at HO!

Congratulations Christian!

Undis
55Kab
14 years ago
"ah yes, plenty of room for the 2110cc EFI. I bet the HO crowd will be looking forward to it slammed on earlies..." :lol: :lol:

UserPostedImage

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
This Volga is really going to take some restoring!

UserPostedImage

Rich Oakley wrote:

UserPostedImage
oval56
14 years ago
from my site, i have long followed the thread on thesamba, and i pressed my thumb for the grundmanns...
this was a right decision, and if the fix and restore the car, it will be difficult to top this story and this find..

congratulations again from my site 🙂
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
zelensis61
14 years ago
Hello, It seems that the work already started on the VW 38.

Pics from "Type 38 barbecue" & Hannover meeting 1. May

https://karmann1952.de/html/hannover_2009.html 

Thanks to Klaus to make the trip and picts.
Greetings

ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective