pre67vw
14 years ago

you were trying to sell this on volkszone for about 2 years for 7.5k no offers, how much did it sell for in the end then?

stu wrote:

Even I can work that one out... :roll:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Standard split
14 years ago
I must admit I am getting more and more p****d of by people buying these lovely old VWs and putting them up for sale just days later :evil:

These people are not even investors – they're just in a money-making scam which also soils the car's history – ie the car that's had the same loving owner for 23 years now has one or two on the document who've had it ten days :twisted:
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
Standard split
14 years ago
This activity probably fuels the higher prices putting the cars out-of-reach of some genuine enthusiasts 😳
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
1956ultra
14 years ago

you were trying to sell this on volkszone for about 2 years for 7.5k no offers, how much did it sell for in the end then?

stu wrote:

This is news to me Stu, i would love to know why you've quoted me and typed what you have?. To set the record straight for you i advertised the car last year (4/7/of last year) having only owned her for 4 months at £6995 iirc (my better half was made redundant and the car owed me £7600), i then posted on my for sale thread more than once that offers were invited (20/09/of last year), finaly dropping the price to a minimum of £4500. I decided to lock the thread because a lot of responses had went off topic.

Look here for info:
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=469337 

I then started a new thread on 10/01/09 putting the car up at £4000, having sold it the next again day my partner talked me out of it and the thread was closed.

Look here for info:
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=520227 

Earlier this month i sought some valuation advice from pre67 members and advertised her at £5200 and on the 23rd of this month sold it for £4700 (which i am very happy with)

Look here for info:
https://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=548161 

Anyway, hows the search going for an oval ?(or should i say champaign on beer money :lol: ),How many links do you have on your thread now :wink: ? imho your either gonna have to up your budget or get off your bottom (quote) and cover some miles???? 😎
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
i remember you took offence when i told you you wouldnt get 7.5k for it & now the new owners are also trying to get 7.5k :lol:
1956ultra
14 years ago

i remember you took offence when i told you you wouldnt get 7.5k for it & now the new owners are also trying to get 7.5k :lol:

stu wrote:

I have never had it up for 7.5k Stu (not that i can remember) and i certainly wouldn't have taken offence, you may be thinking of the previous owner when he had it up on car and classic?. I certainly didn't own it for the 2 years you have mentioned.

As for the new owners, they obviously can do whatever they want with it.

You haven't answered any of my questions tho? was there any depth to your post or was it another off the cuff Stu comment that i have become accustomed to :roll:
GKL 7
14 years ago
C'mon a thread has already been locked on this subject.Let's not make it another.
Water under the bridge and all that.
It's History.
69project
14 years ago

C'mon a thread has already been locked on this subject.Let's not make it another.
Water under the bridge and all that.
It's History.

'50 Karmann wrote:

ditto
Car less.....
1956ultra
14 years ago
Im just curious about his original post mate, he clearly posted facts that had no true depth (links provided),i just dont get it :? , i guess Stu your just a guy i dont get sometimes (some of your posts seem to have a little sarcasim behind them) :?: , if thats not the case then i will appologise up front, maybe tho you should read back to yourself what you've written and look how other people may view it?

What was the point you were trying to put across Stu in your last 2 posts?
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
you say you were happy with £4800, but the car owes you £7600 :shock:, you must have money to burn :shock:,

the point im trying to make is clear, ovals arent worth what people advertise them for, ive never paid more than £3000 for one, & trust me, ive owned some of the nicest examples anywhere, completely original, unrestored, matching numbers & never seen a welder.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

you say you were happy with £4800, but the car owes you £7600 :shock:, you must have money to burn :shock:,

the point im trying to make is clear, ovals arent worth what people advertise them for, ive never paid more than £3000 for one, & trust me, ive owned some of the nicest examples anywhere, completely original, unrestored, matching numbers & never seen a welder.

stu wrote:

:shock:

I want to come car shopping with you! :lol:
William
64rotbox
14 years ago
When exactly did you pay less than £3000 for these 'completely original, unrestored, matching numbers & never seen a welder' Ovals, then? I'm hoping a time machine might show up any minute now...
You can call me Al.
Caledfryn
14 years ago
We nw need one of those 'This thread is useless without pics' smilies.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

We nw need one of those 'This thread is useless without pics' smilies.

Caledfryn wrote:

UserPostedImage
William
1956ultra
14 years ago

Another assumption? :lol:

stu wrote:

Not got money to burn at all, i have never bought an old dub for profit, the car owes me nothing, i enjoyed every minute of having it, as for never paying more than 3k for 1, that must be the reason your sitting with hee haw in your garage right now eh? :lol:
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

When exactly did you pay less than £3000 for these 'completely original, unrestored, matching numbers & never seen a welder' Ovals, then? I'm hoping a time machine might show up any minute now...

64rotbox wrote:

it pays to know the right people in sweden lol, why do you find this so amazing? some of the best cars ive ever owned came from sweden & their alot cheaper too.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Not got money to burn at all, i have never bought an old dub for profit, the car owes me nothing, i enjoyed every minute of having it, as for never paying more than 3k for 1, that must be the reason your sitting with hee haw in your garage right now eh? :lol:

1956ultra wrote:

it does, it owes you £2800 lol, you need to invest in a calculator mate lol, its lucky you managed to pass the oval on to someone who nos just as little about ovals as you other wise you would of lost even more money.
69project
14 years ago
another thread about this nice oval that is only going one way...

saw it in the cars for sale area at stanford hall today,it is very nice...

price was open to offers,lol! :wink:
Car less.....
1956ultra
14 years ago

it does, it owes you £2800 lol, you need to invest in a calculator mate lol, its lucky you managed to pass the oval on to someone who nos just as little about ovals as you other wise you would of lost even more money.

stu wrote:

Did you read any of what i said at all, it owes me nothing, i never buy to get my money back with my hobby :roll: ? Did i hit a raw nerve stating that you have nothing in your garage? where are all your swedish contacts to help you in your search then? you seem to be becoming a little angry in your post :lol:, i got what i got because i didn't sell to a trader and im very happy. now if you dont mind i would like you to take your assumptions elsewhere.

Take a pop over to your thread about looking for an Oval and you will soon see that you're making a bit of an ass of yourself with some of the nonsense you've posted here.

To name a few:
Your going crazy to find an oval. Try your Swedish contacts?
Seems to be a struggle to find good cars at any time of year (with a 3k budget)or was that 5k? :lol:
HOW MANY LINKS TO CARS?????
Wrong colour, too far away, (fair enough)
And the 54 for 2k, did you honestly think it was gonna be of solid quality, c'mon for god sake :oops:
And on a final note, HOW MANY LINKS TO CARS?????

I cant help thinking that you're more than happy to sit back and let the good folks of pre67 do the searching for you? Hopefuly they will find you something within your budget and within walking distance for you real soon :lol: :lol:

I wonder what the reason was that you were banned from vzi??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
pre67vw
14 years ago
OK, this thread is going nowhere fast.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW