needhelp
16 years ago
I have a vw beetle that I bought as a 64 but it came with no log book or number plates, I found the chassi number and a vin plate in the spare wheel well but I dont know what to do now can any one help thanks mark
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
48REME
16 years ago
Just get an MOt, write to the VW Museum to obtain an age certificate, which will serve to authenticate the year of your car with its chassis number.
When you send your V55 form to register your car, include the MOT, a certificate of insurance, the £38 registration fee and your VW museum certificate. You'll probably be asked to come and show your car for an inspection at your local DVLA office. You should then get an age related number from them (should be 'B' reg for 1964). 🙂
Nic B-C
16 years ago
If anyone is in this position I do dating letters through my club for a minimum donation of £10 This money funds our club site and anything left over goes to charity. Gave £255 to Clic Sargent a few weeks back at a show. This goes to help kids with cancer.

mail me at [email protected]

I can do birh certificates as well as insurance valuations as well

check out www.durhamdubbers.co.uk great for resto threads 🙂
1958 Harry
16 years ago
You can apply for the cert online now, click on 'Urkundengenerator' and it takes you through the process for applying for the birth certificate, including a secure online payment system so no more faxing off credit card no's etc 🙂
Multi show winning magazine featured '58 Bug - Harry
2007 2.0 New Beetle - Mijj
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

You can apply for the cert online now, click on 'Urkundengenerator' and it takes you through the process for applying for the birth certificate, including a secure online payment system so no more faxing off credit card no's etc :)

1958 Harry wrote:

I am wanting to apply for the birth certificate for my oval, what is the web address where I can click on 'Urkundengenerator' as mentioned above?

Thanks

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

I am wanting to apply for the birth certificate for my oval, what is the web address where I can click on 'Urkundengenerator' as mentioned above?

Thanks

Mike

Mike Peckham wrote:

https://automuseum.volkswagen.de/urkunden.html 

In English......

https://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fautomuseum.volkswagen.de%2Furkunden.html&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate 

William
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
Marvellous! Thankyou.

Certificate duly ordered...

Mike :d
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Marvellous! Thankyou.

Certificate duly ordered...

Mike Peckham wrote:

No probs! :d

I just emailed them and gave my details. This was mainly because I was enquiring about engine numbers and it seemed easier!

It arrived really quickly considering it was around christmas! 😎

In the interest of data protection they cannot give you out on the certificate the original engine number. However, if you tell them a number that you believe to be the original they can confirm it!

Good luck!
William
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

In the interest of data protection they cannot give you out on the certificate the original engine number. However, if you tell them a number that you believe to be the original they can confirm it!

54 Gertie wrote:

That's really interesting, on my reg document the engine number given is not that of the engine that came with the car when I bought it (which in any case was a nasty late Mexican unit), it seems to have been from about the right period so I put it down as the number on my application. Hopefully therefore I they will be able to confirm if it is the number for the original engine. Frustratingly it seems that my original engine is being squirreled away by a previous owner and he wont let me buy it back. 😞

I've also just sent my £5 off to DVLA to get the ownership history of the car in the UK since 1957, it'll be interesting to see what comes back!

54 Gertie
14 years ago

That's really interesting, on my reg document the engine number given is not that of the engine that came with the car when I bought it (which in any case was a nasty late Mexican unit), it seems to have been from about the right period so I put it down as the number on my application. Hopefully therefore I they will be able to confirm if it is the number for the original engine. Frustratingly it seems that my original engine is being squirreled away by a previous owner and he wont let me buy it back. 😞

I've also just sent my £5 off to DVLA to get the ownership history of the car in the UK since 1957, it'll be interesting to see what comes back!

Mike Peckham wrote:

How did you go about contacting the DVLA? I would like to do this, write letters to the people with stamped addressed envelopes and hope for replies!:d 😎

My 63 is similar engine wise. It is currently in another 63 according to the previous owner but I havent given up hope of getting it back some day! :wink:

William
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

How did you go about contacting the DVLA? I would like to do this, write letters to the people with stamped addressed envelopes and hope for replies!:d 😎

54 Gertie wrote:

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_4022067  and then follow the options until you get to the downloadable form after the section marked; "Previous keeper details for your vehicle". You have to print it off and then fill it in giving a reason for wanting the information about the previous owners. Then send it off in an envelope with a cheque for £5 and hope for the best!

54 Gertie
14 years ago

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_4022067  and then follow the options until you get to the downloadable form after the section marked; "Previous keeper details for your vehicle". You have to print it off and then fill it in giving a reason for wanting the information about the previous owners. Then send it off in an envelope with a cheque for £5 and hope for the best!

Mike Peckham wrote:

Many thanks Mike! :beer: :d

I will get onto that soon! 😎
William
mrsherbie
14 years ago
Great idea :idea: Thanks for the info! I want to do this for my 79 (as its the only british car we own :lol:)

Nic BC, exactly how much is £10 :?: is that some rare unique 'hi-top' currency? :lol:

Needhelp, it is really easy and straightforward even starting without any documents at all, once you have an MOT and birth certificate. The Dvla will almost certainly ask to inspect your car these days but its nothing to be worried about.
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Great idea :idea: Thanks for the info! I want to do this for my 79 (as its the only british car we own :lol:)

Nic BC, exactly how much is £10 :?: is that some rare unique 'hi-top' currency? :lol:

Needhelp, it is really easy and straightforward even starting without any documents at all, once you have an MOT and birth certificate. The Dvla will almost certainly ask to inspect your car these days but its nothing to be worried about.

mrsherbie wrote:

I dont think you'll get a reply any time soon! They were posted in 2007! :wink: :lol:
William
tman
  • tman
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
You'll see £ on here when you look at messages posted prior to the forum software getting upgraded a while back. It's what the forum database recorded behind the scenes for a £ (pound) sign.

To answer the question; £10 means a tenner (£10) in new money. :d
Andrew
195x Deluxe oval Beetle
Binz Doublecab
kdf38
14 years ago
You can also type and hold down Alt followed by 0163 or Alt 0163 on the number keypad. to get £
(at least on my keyboard)

You'll see £ on here when you look at messages posted prior to the forum software getting upgraded a while back. It's what the forum database recorded behind the scenes for a £ (pound) sign.

tman wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
kdf38
14 years ago
You can also type and hold down Alt followed by 0163 i.e. [Alt]0163 on the numberic keypad to get £
[Function][Numlock] Alt 0163 on my laptop(at least on my keyboards)

Alt 0128 is € Euro.

[Funtion][Numlock] first sets numlock to on and then would reset it to off later when you don't want the special characters any longer.

tman wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell