Standard split
14 years ago

What if someone snaps a picture through the window? :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

It's soul has already been stolen – Volksworld's got it :d

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
GKL 7
14 years ago

Standard split wrote:

No,i beat them to it if you remember.
48REME
14 years ago

Standard split wrote:

Yes...but who 'gave it' to them? :lol: Will the 49 ever forgive you?[-x :beer:
Standard split
14 years ago

Yes...but who 'gave it' to them? :lol: Will the 49 ever forgive you?[-x :beer:

48REME wrote:

OH! IT IS A LOVELY CAR,really Gertie i wouldn't lie to you:twisted:

'50 Karmann wrote:

The '49s forgiven me for sure, Nicolas, and George it's still lovely :wink:

I sat in this 60 year time-warp this morning and the smell and atmosphere – nothings been lost 😎 :beer:

When Harvey Simpson found it back in 1985 in Belgium I thought he was rather elaborating about how good it was. He wasn't :shock:

A jewell for sure.

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
54 Gertie
14 years ago

The '49s forgiven me for sure, Nicolas, and George it's still lovely :wink:

I sat in this 60 year time-warp this morning and the smell and atmosphere – nothings been lost 😎 :beer:

When Harvey Simpson found it back in 1985 in Belgium I thought he was rather elaborating about how good it was. He wasn't :shock:

A jewell for sure.

Standard split wrote:

This is not helping me not be interested! :wink:
William
GKL 7
14 years ago

This is not helping me not be interested! :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

OK,Gertie i give in

Oh!bugger the flash didn't go off  malevich.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

OK,Gertie i give in

Oh!bugger the flash didn't go off

'50 Karmann wrote:

:twisted:

Okay, I give up! :lol:

*Leaves to go buy Volksworld back issues......*
William
Standard split
14 years ago

OK,Gertie i give in

Oh!bugger the flash didn't go off

'50 Karmann wrote:

Close the garage doors when you leave please George :shock:

Sunroof53
14 years ago
Unless a photo is posted it can only be assumed you have modified the car outside the rules of pre67 ,in fact looking at your avatar i can only assume this to be true 😳 😳

:wink:
VW Stan
14 years ago

Unless a photo is posted it can only be assumed you have modified the car outside the rules of pre67 ,in fact looking at your avatar i can only assume this to be true 😳 😳

Sunroof53 wrote:

I think we should convene an emergency pre67vw meeting round John's house to double check...

Get the kettle on, I'll bring some biscuits!

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
GKL 7
14 years ago
This car is super special,and it's very very OG,no mods here.
Only accessories, so rare most of us will not even have seen pictures of them.

Don't expect a super shiney showroom car,but a 60 year old faded out beautiful patina.
If i remember correctly,the original mileage will blow you away,John will confirm this but i'm sure it's under 20K:shock: whats that? approx 330 miles a year since manufacture.
Standard split
14 years ago

Sunroof53 wrote:

I think we should convene an emergency pre67vw meeting round John's house to double check...

Get the kettle on, I'll bring some biscuits!

VW Stan wrote:

This car is super special,and it's very very OG,no mods here.
Only accessories, so rare most of us will not even have seen pictures of them.

Don't expect a super shiney showroom car,but a 60 year old faded out beautiful patina.
If i remember correctly,the original mileage will blow you away,John will confirm this but i'm sure it's under 20K:shock: whats that? approx 330 miles a year since manufacture.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Hello, I've been away the weekend – living in the '49 so's I know where she is :d .

She's not at all shiny - fantastic patina with just about all original (and a little moth-eaten) factory paint on the exterior, and yes low, low miles, less than 18K in fact (25,000 kms). I don't beleive the engine has ever been out - really :beer:

I know she's mine ( and I don't normally refer to an inanimate object as 'she'), but the '49 is probably the finest old Beetle I can expect to own in my life. The smell inside is unreal, a picture cannot show this :wink:

I've had an enormous amount of Beetles over the years I've had this passion for the things, most have come and gone while the '49 has continued to live with me over 24 years, seeing most the others come and go 😎

I UK registered her back in 1985, the DVLA must have loved her too, they blessed her with the registration YSV 1, (Yea Super Volkswagen 1), it didn't cost me a penny and even then a dealer offered me good money for this No1 plate, which of course stays with the car as the original UK registration. This alone is an indication of the good charmer this little car has :d

An even more interesting tale in the '49 and I history is that I turned-down the purchase of a 1939 Beetle back in 1985 – they were both available (as is Sod's law) at the same time and not being fantastically rich I could only have one car, and the '49 won, it was fantastically original and the '39 wasn't :shock: :shock: :shock:

I more recently aspired to owning my other dream car, a fantastic and mad-looking 1937 Tatra T87 (rear-engined air-cooled V8 with a big fin on its back and no rear window), but if push came to shove, with a difficult situation the '49 would still be with me after the Tatra and everything else has gone :shock:

After spending Sunday messing around with the hydraulic brakes on my rest-free 1972 Beetle – I love the '49 even more with her full cable brake set-up. A Deluxe with cable brakes, how unusual is that 😎 😎 😎