mrsherbie
14 years ago
Classics at the Castle 

THE biggest gathering of 356 and pre74 porsches in the UK each year!

Weather is looking iffy at the moment but we will be going like many others rain or shine! as Uncle Seumey says that Paul Rui's 1950 Porsche will be here :shock: !*! en route to the Porsche Museum. And just to see this car alone is worth making the trip to the show!*!

entrance is £20 on the gate and thats for car, driver and 1 passenger ( obviously all cars that are not pre74 porsche will go in the car park not the show)

Lots of pics of last year here :

DDK forum Hedingham pics 

NO CHAVZONERS OR KITCARS OR CARS WITH BROKEN SUSPENSION. YES ITS VINTAGE PORSCHE SO STOCK BLOODY WELL STILL RULES HERE AT LEAST! AND HOORAY FOR THAT, MAKES A NICE CHANGE! :d

I love this pic!

UserPostedImage
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Sunroof53
14 years ago
Looks like a nice show .Hope it wasnt as rainy as it was in Bourne today.I know what you mean about some of the shows .i have a modified car myself and i dont like most of the VW shows these days .I tend to go to Generic classic car shows and although they are dominated by English cars,i do like the serendipity of the whole thing and do find the atmosphere is more appealing,If you know what i mean.
69project
14 years ago
as im from essex i can assure you the place would have been flooded on sunday!
Car less.....
mrsherbie
14 years ago

as im from essex i can assure you the place would have been flooded on sunday!

69project wrote:

YEP! It was! :lol:

We arrived at 9am, having driven through torrential rain around the M25 constantly aware that soft vintage racing tyres and aquaplaning were never designed to be a combination, I was very glad not to be driving! and Indigo(11) & I didnt get out of the car at all until at least 11.30am, we were really snug & comfy in our big leather seats watching the X files movie on I phone with snacks food & crumbs everywhere in the porsche with the windows all steamed up parked right in the middle of the display :lol: Then the sun came out about lunchtime, everyone opened up their cars in an effort to dry them out ( especially the soggy real speedsters :lol: ) and the show recovered and was great as usual!

AND Paul Rui's 1950 is, I think one of my favorite cars in the world, certainly the best fully restored car I have seen since? I dont really know if I have ever seen anything better? it was simply amazing.

Here are a few odd pics, favorite cars of the show (obviously aside from the 50) the tatty yellow preA ( OH YES we ALL want that one!!) and the orange 58 Carrera below, but almost every single car at the event is picture worthy!

And surprisingly, even though general turnout was down due to the horrendous morning weather, probably less than 50%, ALL of the earliest/50's cars booked into the display turned up! :d the field that was empty was the later 911's and 912s! What a bunch of girls! :lol:

Lots of superb pictures here as usual by a couple of DDK guys:
DDK pics 

(back to my quality photography.. the classic eyes closed :oops: :lol: God please dont let him ever see that I have posted this bad shot! :lol: )

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
51reutter
14 years ago
Great show :d amasing photos,

had a 356 exactly like the one in the 1st photo, but mine was from 1951 a Reutter Coupé. Today I really regreat that I sold it :?

that's the reason for my nickname and Avatar :wink:

Instagram | @early_type
51reutter
14 years ago
By the way, were you able to take any pictures from a '65 911? I would appreciate it very much. It´s the car of my dreams :d

thank you

Joao

Instagram | @early_type