Mike Peckham
14 years ago
The Birth Certificate for my '57 has just arrived and it includes the following unidentified M - Codes; M 008, M 042, & M 108. I'm pretty sure these often show up on peoples Birth Certificates as unidentified but thought I'd mention them here in case any of them have now been identified.

Incidently, it also showed M 018 Larger reflector in brake light / indicator light, was this common to all beetles imported to the UK at this time.

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
themacnut
14 years ago
A few are located here.

Type 1 M Codes 
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
Thanks for that, I was aware of that web page already though - it is basically the same info as found in the Etzold book and sadly neither tell us anything about these "unidentified" M codes.

I wonder whether one of the mistery codes might refer to the passenger sun visor that was available as an extra. If they could be ordered with one fitted in the factory that would probably have justified its own M code. Mine had one fitted for most of its life but sadly it was removed along with several other extras sometime before I bought it.

Food for thought...

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.