Hebster52
18 years ago
Does anybody have any good picture of the correct holes for early-52 split in the front behind the sparewheel. My holes were so deformed so I have no idea how they should look like. I've seen bothe square shaped and oval shaped. Which is the correct hole shape and what is the measurement for that one??

Here is my front in work in progress:
UserPostedImage

Under:
UserPostedImage
The HebsterWerks.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
zelensis61
18 years ago
Hi there,
Look at the restoration of ET's Hebmuller on aircooledbeetleparadise and see how those are.. Pretty sure that Et has correct ones for his car..
https://www.aircooledbeetleparadise.be/index2.htm 

greetings
ZELENSIS, coachbuilt body from the 50's on a vw platform made in Belgium. Peter the heb detective
six-o-one
18 years ago
As you are building a replica of one of the Heb prototypes, shouldn't it be flat like this?

UserPostedImage

:?
Hebster52
18 years ago
Thanks for your replies both of you! 😃

Amazing work on ET:s Hebmüller so far!! I've got some mails regarding the holes too. Some is going to take some measurements for me to.

six-o-one
Yes, it acctually should be flat just like the -49 Lenny is restoring, but as my car isn't a -49 but a early -52 I have to keep as much as needed original from the sedan. I did consider the flat sheet metal too at first but changed my mind an will keep it stock -52.

The Finnish regulations require that as much as possible from the original car is kept stock. The have tables where every bodypart and technical part is valued in percentages... :shock: If there is over 35% removed/replaced or changed from the original car it requires that the car have to be reMOT'd and if it goes over 50%changed parts it goes as a new car and have to meet the standards of a new car... :shock:

Thanks again!
The HebsterWerks.