Mike Peckham
14 years ago
This might be one for Rich.

Have just had a call from the son of the original owner of my Beetle, had a long chat with him and am now putting quite a comprehensive history of the car together. He was able to tell me that the beetle was bought new in 1957 from a VW Dealer on North Street in Romford, does anyone have any idea which dealer this might have been?

As an aside, there is a repair on the n/s rear 1/4 panel and it turns out this was carried out as a result of a forklift truck driving into it whilst it was being serviced at the supplying dealer when it was still quite new. what a great little anecdote!

Mike

July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Webbs Garage, Romford.

Really good to hear that you spoke to the original owner's son! It's great when you can piece the history together! You just need to get the original number plate back!! Why not see if Owen will swap the plate for another one?
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
Thanks Rich, much obliged to you! :wink:

I would very much like to reunite the car with it's original number plate, all the more so now that I am piecing together it history from birth so to speak. I shall drop Owen a line...

Thanks again

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I would very much like to reunite the car with it's original number plate, all the more so now that I am piecing together it history from birth so to speak. I shall drop Owen a line...

Thanks again

Mike

Mike Peckham wrote:

I would, I'm sure Owen would be up for a deal if you could find him a nice plate for his van.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.