pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago
I sometimes wonder if pre67vw is heading into club territory, talk about getting pre '67 displays together, things like the t-shirts, etc. So do people think this is something worth pursuing? on the other hand, there is the Historic VW's club already established so is it worth it?

It would be interesting to hear people's opinions.

:beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
I´d prefer a gang or a mob.

Don´t know about a club though. Clubs are generally intended to keep people out, not in. I think we´re fine as a forum.
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

I´d prefer a gang or a mob.

JD wrote:

CREW is a good word.

Any idea that furthers our hobby is a good thing.
We do already have a club but unfortunately people do not really seem to back it.Very poor attendences at line ups,i think echoes peoples dis-interest.
I'd just roll with it Rob if it progresses as you suspect, it will naturally evolve.
Unless this is something you do not want.
So more importantly a question to answer your question.....Rob,How would you like to see pre'67 in the future? It is your baby.

Personally i like it the way it is.
mrsherbie
14 years ago
The club display's idea is great but the only problem is that we are all spread so far apart to ever meet in the same place, except Lavenham possibly. Stanford Hall of course, but the Historic display needs its stock numbers maintaining at all costs to keep its stock is superior flagship flying (:lol: ) so it would be wrong to end up with 2 stock display groups there I think.

Anyway having not been to a vw show since last August I will count myself out of the opinions :lol:

I think we´re fine as a forum.

JD wrote:

Yes, and forthwith we shall be known as pre67zone :d

UserPostedImage

OH NO! Its only been 5 minutes and we are out of control already!

"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
mrsherbie
14 years ago
But dont worry I shall restore peace and karma using my bonnet globe distraction technique!

UserPostedImage
54 Gertie
14 years ago

UserPostedImage

OH NO! Its only been 5 minutes and we are out of control already!

mrsherbie wrote:

I shouldnt laugh because I am one of the few on here who does visit Volkszone regularly (not that I get involved in "VW politics") but that IS funny! :lol:

William
GKL 7
14 years ago

the only problem is that we are all spread so far apart to ever meet in the same place

mrsherbie wrote:

A question Chris and i have always asked(besides Lavenham)Why will the majority of British owners not bring their cars out to British shows.
I estimate over 100 Splits in the U.K, how many ever turn out?
GKL 7
14 years ago

I shouldnt laugh because I am one of the few on here who does visit Volkszone regularly (not that I get involved in "VW politics") but that IS funny! :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

I'll admit i make a stealth visit to Volkszone most evenings:oops: but refuse to become involved.Those guys really believe that is normal behavior.
356boy
14 years ago
tossers who want everything for nothing and sell crap!
mrsherbie
14 years ago

Those guys really believe that is normal behavior.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I think it probably is if you are 20 its just that we are over the hill :lol:

I dont think there is a solution to the display thing either unfortunately.

Anyway I like this virtual car club, I have been playing with the oval all day and not clocked up a single mile inside the garage :beer: but then I can look on a few forums at photos of vw shows and then I didnt miss seeing anything interesting by actually going :lol:
dubrockers
14 years ago

more importantly a question to answer your question.....Rob,How would you like to see pre'67 in the future? It is your baby.

'50 Karmann wrote:

i say try it once see how it turn's out, you will never know unless you try!
it would be nice to see a big turn out of split bug's at a uk show for once
but easy for me to say as i would'nt be the one sorting it all out etc..
or even better just gatecrash an event and do an unoffical stand that would be more fun stock gatecrashing
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
14 years ago

So more importantly a question to answer your question.....Rob,How would you like to see pre'67 in the future? It is your baby.

Personally i like it the way it is.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I like it the way it is too, but it also feels more like a club when you actually meet people at shows and put faces to names - its a fun side of it. I also really like the international side of things, people posting from the USA, Belgium, Italy, Germany, Portugal, Liverpool... thats the coolest thing about it so I wouldn't want to make it too UK centric.

I guess I'm just wondering about it's direction, post H.O. blues maybe?

Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
14 years ago
Also, another little known fact... this October the 8th, the site will be 10 years old!!

Where did that time go? :shock:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
GKL 7
14 years ago
I'm asking myself where did 51 years go.:cry:

Don't change it Rob,it's just fine.
zippy
14 years ago
personally it would be a breath of fresh air for once in the sea of slammed 12volts,
but reading this it seems location is an important facter but are you thinking along the lines of a stand at a show or putting on an event yourself
i like the idea of a summer stock 6volt show, but saying this how many people would even make the effort
pre67vw
  • pre67vw
14 years ago

personally it would be a breath of fresh air for once in the sea of slammed 12volts,
but reading this it seems location is an important facter but are you thinking along the lines of a stand at a show or putting on an event yourself
i like the idea of a summer stock 6volt show, but saying this how many people would even make the effort

zippy wrote:

Not putting on another show, or having a stand really. I guess something along the lines of the old 'Der Käfer Fahrer' club with some kind of line up at UK shows?
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Yes, and forthwith we shall be known as pre67zone :d

mrsherbie wrote:

I think "Yo-pre67zone!" would be better.

I´m not going to knock "the other place" either mind you - it entertains me through the working day with almost entirely vw free topics.:twisted:

I wonder if stock people just aren´t really club type people. All those split Beetles that we never see at shows. Pity, as it´s always fun to see everyone at shows.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Double post - lousy stupid connection...
UserPostedImage
zippy
14 years ago

Not putting on another show, or having a stand really. I guess something along the lines of the old 'Der Käfer Fahrer' club with some kind of line up at UK shows?

pre67vw wrote:

what's stopping you people??, i say try it & good on you if no one else will it's a good idea, and if it does not cost you any money or little money better alround, and even if you are the only one at the show, least it will be a good drive out in the bug:lol: plus doing something you believe in never hurt anyone
you never know 1 split may turn it into that 100 splits JD:wink: stranger things have happened, now that would be nice
RoRoVw
14 years ago
I think that in reality we are probably already a club, although an internet based one. I look on pre 67 as a friendly and helpful pool of VW knowledge and a place to exchange views and bring interesting facts to each other's attention. That's what a club is all about. We are already doing all that we would if we met weekly or monthly in a pub - we even get to look over each other's cars, albeit in photographic form.

The only difference is that we don't all get together at shows, but neither do the members of many clubs. If we began to organise displays at shows it starts to involve the purchase of flags and banners to mark the plot, gazebos to hide in from the rain etc etc and someone then needs to be responsible for all those.
Personally I'm very happy with things as they are.

The tee shirts are a good idea to be able to recognise each other at shows and to promote the forum. I would also like a sticker for the car window. The SSVC has a similar thing for their forum - a forum window sticker with their user name included. That would make spotting other forum members easier as well.

If we wanted an exclusive meeting then a once a year gathering would probably be good, something along the lines of meeting on a non show Sunday somewhere fairly central in the country and then having a scenic drive to a pub for lunch, a natter and a browse around the cars, a photo shoot and then off home again.
Those that want to display their cars at shows can always join the Historic VW Club where there is already an established schedule of displays and the equipment to do the job. Many forum members are already Historic members too and regularly display on the club plot. New members are always very welcome (My interest as an Historic VW Club committee member is hereby declared!! Lol)

Just my thoughts.
Cheers.