Chris
14 years ago

You'll be asking me to show you the secret handshake next.

'50 Karmann wrote:

NO, NO, NO 😳 Not the secret handshakeUserPostedImage

apologies but I'm not a stock kind of guy,

55Kab wrote:

UserPostedImage

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
14 years ago
55kab who's been doing your fab work?
vintagebug
14 years ago
George, have a gander over on Restowagen, Martin's documented the whole job to date- with plenty of photos. It's a great job... no, it's not, it's an absolutely top-class, wunderbar work of art!! :d
If you recall, we spoke about it in the Grundmann museum at HO when I was talking about my resto job. Here's the link:-

https://www.restowagenuk.com/forums.html 

Go to "Readers Rides and Projects" & then "1955 RHD Oval Cabrio- The Next Chapter!" You will not be disappointed...

Martin- I'll send you a PM.

Dave

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
GKL 7
14 years ago

George, have a gander over on Restowagen

vintagebug wrote:

OK, but don't tell Rob.
55Kab
14 years ago

NO[-x
You'll be asking me to show you the secret handshake next.
One hint,it's in the North West.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Why? Do you want it for yourself? Isn't it Norfolk way? I'm sure it moved just a few doors down from where Howard lived!!! :lol: :lol:

Secret handshake??? Nah, I know you're not told about that until you reach 50 right?

Few years yet for me...:lol: :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

55kab who's been doing your fab work?

'50 Karmann wrote:

The nutter that built the Slambox, as featured in this month's Ultra.

https://www.evilbens.co.uk/ 

55Kab
14 years ago

Go to "Readers Rides and Projects" & then "1955 RHD Oval Cabrio- The Next Chapter!" You will not be disappointed...

Martin- I'll send you a PM

vintagebug wrote:

Don't tell him to do that Dave. I'll be hunted down by the buffers now for mentioning Berg 5 and 2165cc on EFI...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got your PM and replied.

Andy Sparks
14 years ago

Don't tell him to do that Dave. I'll be hunted down by the buffers now for mentioning Berg 5 and 2165cc on EFI...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Got your PM and replied.

55Kab wrote:

He's just put his 50 kab on wella wheels. lol
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
GKL 7
14 years ago

Norfolk

55Kab wrote:

Very cold
GKL 7
14 years ago

He's just put his 50 kab on wella wheels. lol

Andy Sparks wrote:

Andy,wake up and get up to speed.:wink:
55Kab
14 years ago

Very cold

'50 Karmann wrote:

Newcastle?

GKL 7
14 years ago
55KAB you're not a southerner by any chance are you?
Norfolk and Newcastle.
When iv'e already mentioned the car is in the N.W
vintagebug
14 years ago
Can anyone join in this game? How about Liverpool? Manchester? Are we getting warmer George?

The North West to me is somewhere like Ullapool.... (you southerners will need to look that one up as you'll never have heard of that place... :lol: :lol: )

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
kdf38
14 years ago
It's GOOD COLD, :beer: :beer: 😮 :beer: :beer: but I'll drink it WARM too. :beer: :beer: :d :beer: :beer:

Newcastle?

55Kab wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
GKL 7
14 years ago
55Kab knows now, i've told him, so game over.
Dave you're either a seperate country or you're not.So that area will be the NW to you.
And don't go all Braveheart on me,please.
55Kab
14 years ago

55KAB you're not a southerner by any chance are you?
Norfolk and Newcastle.
When iv'e already mentioned the car is in the N.W

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes I am, so anywhere north of Watford doesn't exist although I've heard the rumours about settlements up there...I beleive a passport is needed to go north! :lol: :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

Can anyone join in this game? How about Liverpool? Manchester? Are we getting warmer George?

The North West to me is somewhere like Ullapool.... (you southerners will need to look that one up as you'll never have heard of that place...

vintagebug wrote:

Exactly...and anyway, isn't it spelt Leverpooooooo??? :lol: :lol:

55Kab
14 years ago

And don't go all Braveheart on me,please.

'50 Karmann wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Andy Sparks
14 years ago

The silver one is OCL730, look at the hessisch 2005 piccys on here, you'll see it lurking in the background of the picture with the 3 kabs in it. That is OG UK car, as it had one of the original dealer decals on it, as he went back and asked whilst restoring the car.

Claire and Justin own the 55 Kab, Prawnstar and Francoir van de elst on VZi, it's not the KK one, so the KK's another one.

Sorry the zwitter is a 53 black one.

Also there is a 54 in the Laurence meridith book, grey with white borders

Common as much these early RHD kabs, still wish i had one. :wink:

How's your restoration coming along?

Andy Sparks wrote:

Missed UXK84 Dave Gibbs onls 1953.

Also someone who used to work in Cool Air said he knew of a oval vert in west london, he saw it taking crap to the tip, but the bloke wouldn't sell it to him.
You can never have too many accessories on your car. 🙂
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Still need details on the zwitter though. Mr Oakley...any comments? :?

55Kab wrote:

I'm sure Andy is thinking of Roger P's UXK84 (already included in the 7). As you say Martin, I'm only aware of 7 also.

I think Claire and Justin's car is the white '55 (also already included in the 7).

The '54 in the Laurence meridith book, grey with white borders, is Howard's old car UVT (also already in the 7).

There is no RHD Zwitter vert in the country.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.