55Kab
14 years ago

Missed UXK84 Dave Gibbs onls 1953.

Also someone who used to work in Cool Air said he knew of a oval vert in west london, he saw it taking crap to the tip, but the bloke wouldn't sell it to him.

Andy Sparks wrote:

Interesting but as they say...need pics or it didn't happen! :lol:

As Rich says above, UXK 84 is a 54 and is owned by Roger Pascoe.

For the record, here are the 7, if you know of more do let me know (must be UK dealer supplier RHD)

In no particular order:

RLL 807 1955 Iris Blue (Me)
UXK 84 1954 Black (Roger Pascoe)
OCJ 730 1956 Iris Blue (Charles Oldroyd)
RGW 670 1955 Black (Brian Whitehall - former Ritchie King car on a 60 pan)
UVT 728 1954 Grey (was owned by Howard Chadwick, now?)
WFX 475 1955 Black (former Joff Taylor car, now in the US)
217 CPU 1955 Iris Blue (sold by Dave Fritz to the US, now in the US)

There is one question mark car, and this is:

YKR 831

It's RHD and was seen at Slough in 1997 and Stonor in 2004. Listed with the DVLA as a 57 but it's a heart light, ribbed door, batwing car so beleived earlier. Question is, where it is and is it a genuine UK car?

Andy
Do you have any contact details for Claire and Justin? I looked up Prawnstar and Francoir van de elst on VZi but couldn't come up with anything.

Rich Oakley
14 years ago
I think YKR is Claire and Justin's.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Andy Sparks
14 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

Just spoken to him, as i said earlier it's on a later pan, and he's just said that it doesn't have a non age related plate. Hope that this helps.

Andy
You can never have too many accessories on your car. πŸ™‚
55Kab
14 years ago

Just spoken to him, as i said earlier it's on a later pan, and he's just said that it doesn't have a non age related plate. Hope that this helps.

Andy

Andy Sparks wrote:

Tks Andy, just sent you a PM. Sounds like we could have candidate number 8. :wink:

55Kab
14 years ago

Rich Oakley wrote:

I've just had an email from Justin and from what he's said it doesn't look like it. Still to find! :wink:

VW Stan
14 years ago

Interesting but as they say...need pics or it didn't happen! :lol:

As Rich says above, UXK 84 is a 54 and is owned by Roger Pascoe.

For the record, here are the 7, if you know of more do let me know (must be UK dealer supplier RHD)

In no particular order:

RLL 807 1955 Iris Blue (Me)
UXK 84 1954 Black (Roger Pascoe)
OCJ 730 1956 Iris Blue (Charles Oldroyd)
RGW 670 1955 Black (Brian Whitehall - former Ritchie King car on a 60 pan)
UVT 728 1954 Grey (was owned by Howard Chadwick, now?)
WFX 475 1955 Black (former Joff Taylor car, now in the US)
217 CPU 1955 Iris Blue (sold by Dave Fritz to the US, now in the US)

There is one question mark car, and this is:

YKR 831

It's RHD and was seen at Slough in 1997 and Stonor in 2004. Listed with the DVLA as a 57 but it's a heart light, ribbed door, batwing car so beleived earlier. Question is, where it is and is it a genuine UK car?

Andy
Do you have any contact details for Claire and Justin? I looked up Prawnstar and Francoir van de elst on VZi but couldn't come up with anything.

55Kab wrote:

Not sure if it's a UK car, or if you know about this one?

In Classics Magazine, May 2003, page 143, there is an ad for a Turquoise 55 RHD Cabrio.
There's a picture, but you can't see the plate...

"VW Karmann Cabriolet 1955, RHD 152, 57800 mls, owned 30yrs, good condition,
turquoise body, black mohair hood Β£8750 Tel: XXXXX XXXXXX (East Sussex)"

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
55Kab
14 years ago

Not sure if it's a UK car, or if you know about this one?

In Classics Magazine, May 2003, page 143, there is an ad for a Turquoise 55 RHD Cabrio.
There's a picture, but you can't see the plate...

"VW Karmann Cabriolet 1955, RHD 152, 57800 mls, owned 30yrs, good condition,
turquoise body, black mohair hood Β£8750 Tel: XXXXX XXXXXX (East Sussex)"

VW Stan wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's 217 CPU. Can you scan the ad and pic and post up please Malc?

VW Stan
14 years ago

I'm pretty sure that's 217 CPU. Can you scan the ad and pic and post up please Malc?

55Kab wrote:

Pic taken with my phone...

55_rhd_cab.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Pic taken with my phone...

VW Stan wrote:

Yes, that's 217 CPU. I was down there like a shot when I saw the ad in 2003 (it was only 8 miles away from where I live!). I like the phrase 'good condition' in the ad- it couldn't have been further from the truth! The rear of the upper body was skilfully crafted in glass fibre and big plates had been arc welded on as repairs to the lower parts of the body. It looked great from twenty yards though! It was so painful to walk away from such a rare UK car, but my offer of Β£4k was turned down by the owner.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Standard split
14 years ago
Check out this beauty up on the Samba now 😎

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=826606 
Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
:d
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
vintagebug
14 years ago

Check out this beauty up on the Samba now

Now that is VERY nice..... and 99% original too. Where can I get $80K from? :wink:

Dave
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading"
mrsherbie
14 years ago
SO THIS is where you have all been secretly hanging out hidden in the magical cloak of the 52 kab thread:lol:
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
Standard split
14 years ago

SO THIS is where you have all been secretly hanging out hidden in the magical cloak of the 52 kab thread:lol:

mrsherbie wrote:

You'd not normally find me hanging around in the world of the Kab being a Split Window nut, but this '51 Kab on the Samba is just - well - gorgeous, and it just has to be shiny :beer:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Chris
14 years ago

mrsherbie wrote:

Bloody Hell, She found us !!!!!!!

C'mon, own up, who told her we were here..... :twisted:
A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
14 years ago
It was Rich Oakley:roll:
Standard split
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

'50 Karmann the grass…:twisted:

GKL 7
14 years ago
Excuse me, PAID Informer
Chris
14 years ago

Excuse me, PAID Informer

'50 Karmann wrote:

UserPostedImage

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.
GKL 7
14 years ago

UserPostedImage

Chris wrote:

You're the one doing the paying:roll:
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

What have I done now???! 😞 :roll: