pre67vw
  • pre67vw
  • Administration Topic Starter
14 years ago
As an antidote to the current post '67 debate, I thought it might be interesting to set up an even less tolerant thread :lol:

You can post anything you like - old photos, new photos, accessories, stuff you own (for extra brownie points) or stuff you've seen, but it all has to be strictly pre '49...

:d  IMGP2175.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
54 Gertie
14 years ago
All the people googling "Late model forum" will click here and be a bit disappointed! :lol:
William
Standard split
14 years ago

As an antidote to the current post '67 debate, I thought it might be interesting to set up an even less tolerant thread :lol:

You can post anything you like - old photos, new photos, accessories, stuff you own (for extra brownie points) or stuff you've seen, but it all has to be strictly pre '49...

:d

pre67vw wrote:

Pre '50 makes more sense '49 being a forties car. And I won't be able to show off my '49:cry:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
http://forums.pre67vw.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16378 
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Pre '50 makes more sense '49 being a forties car. And I won't be able to show off my '49:cry:

Standard split wrote:

Yeah, because that was going to happen! :shock: :lol:
William
Standard split
14 years ago

Yeah, because that was going to happen! :shock: :lol:

54 Gertie wrote:

Never say never:wink:

Rattletrap – the Volkswagen Beetle that has covered an incredible mileage equivalent to over 35 times around the planet :omg:
Running nifty since 1950… the King of Volkswagens:beer: Why not make friends with this famous little VW – he's on facebook!
Ovalbug
14 years ago
This is the only old VW part I have :lol: .

UserPostedImage

Bought this engine as a parts donor for my '53 ovals' engine thinking it was an early '50s unit, so was more than happy when clearing all the muck away from around the dynamo pedestal to find the date 21.3.47 there :d .
Yes it has a lot of later peripherals , but the case, fanshroud, heads and dizzy all appear to be '47 or older so I'm not complaining.

:wink:
'63 Karmann Ghia RHD
'72 1302LS Karmann Cabrio RHD
kdf38
14 years ago
In reality, 1950 is the Final Year of the 40ies decade.

Mike

Standard split wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
GKL 7
14 years ago

Never say never:wink:

Standard split wrote:

John,it's time to let that cat out of the bag,before someone beats you to it,know what i mean:twisted:
Standard split
14 years ago

John,it's time to let that cat out of the bag,before someone beats you to it,know what i mean:twisted:

'50 Karmann wrote:

No, surely you wouldn't George :shock:

Standard split
14 years ago

In reality, 1950 is the Final Year of the 40ies decade.

Mike

kdf38 wrote:

Yes, that is correct Mike, 1-10 (1941-1950) is how it works. Trouble is we're getting near to pre '53 which is what we've go already:?

Rich Oakley
14 years ago
It really ought to be pre-July '49 if we're going to be hardcore about it. I condsider splits made after this 'late models'.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
GKL 7
14 years ago

No, surely you wouldn't George :shock:

Standard split wrote:

NO,BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD.  Kubelwagen-2.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Standard split
14 years ago

It really ought to be pre-July '49 if we're going to be hardcore about it. I condsider splits made after this 'late models'.

Rich Oakley wrote:

No pre March '48 would be better – all those with the extra ribs inside under the split window. All the splits thereafter have the later style.:wink:

Standard split
14 years ago

NO,BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD.

'50 Karmann wrote:

Can we clarify:?

GKL 7
14 years ago
LETS NOT HAVE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHAT QUALIFIES AND WHAT DOESN'T JUST MAKE THE POSTS.

And Rich,post her up,you didn't used to have the Luxury.
Don't like to post others cars when they are on here,but i will......
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

This is the only old VW part I have :lol: .

UserPostedImage

Bought this engine as a parts donor for my '53 ovals' engine thinking it was an early '50s unit, so was more than happy when clearing all the muck away from around the dynamo pedestal to find the date 21.3.47 there :d .
Yes it has a lot of later peripherals , but the case, fanshroud, heads and dizzy all appear to be '47 or older so I'm not complaining.

:wink:

Ovalbug wrote:

Lovely find, but the fanshroud is '49 or later.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

LETS NOT HAVE AN ARGUMENT ABOUT WHAT QUALIFIES AND WHAT DOESN'T JUST MAKE THE POSTS.

And Rich,post her up,you didn't used to have the Luxury.

'50 Karmann wrote:

I'll get some pics up later. Can't believe it took me 10 years to find the 'right' car.
kdf38
14 years ago
I tried to Clarify / Enlarge your avatar; but to no avail!

Can we clarify:?

Standard split wrote:

Mike
Texas
Nov. 1947 +
Febr 1949 shell
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Lovely find, but the fanshroud is '49 or later.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Because of the lack of summer/winter flap?

William
Standard split
14 years ago

'50 Karmann wrote:

Yes one shouldn't post other user's cars. And of course as Rob has said, must be before '49:lol: