GKL 7
14 years ago
WOW!Never thought i'd see it again.Takes me back 30 yrs.
tofufi
14 years ago

Heres the other page of the 1971 clubman show.I think 50 Karmann is right ,this page clearly shows evidence of some nut looseners stealing an engine from a car in broad daylight :wink:

Note the top prize for the concours is £1 :shock:

UserPostedImage

Sunroof53 wrote:

For what it's worth, EPV578 and 121VHW don't come up on the DVLA computer.

NVH526F is SORN (could mean anything as for the condition it is in) and JNC947F ran out of tax in 2008 and hasn't been SORNED or taxed since.
64rotbox
14 years ago
Bring back the Friendly Drivers Club and their 'concours'. I could do with a quid.

The first year at Stoneleigh was 1980, wasn't it?
You can call me Al.
GKL 7
14 years ago
Just found my old dash plaques, the first one i have for Stoneleigh is for 1981,so time hasn't flown as quickly as i thought:d
Got a couple for the Scottish meeting at Doune and a couple for Bug In, Bug In '83 was held at Castle Ashby.Remembering Castle Ashby,i don't think i've been to any Volkswagen show in the U.K in such beautiful surroundings,the weekend was so hot a St John's ambulance unit was having to look after people and even had to divert their attention to try and help a couple of show goers dogs,wrapping them in wet towels.
Was it better then or is it just fondness of memory.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

That picture reminds me of CrackerJack where the winner of the competition was the person who could hold the most toys (and a cabbage) without dropping them. :wink:

Now don't pretend you don't remember CrackerJack 😳

Chris wrote:

whats the point of piling all this shit on your roofrack, the inside of the cars empty lmfao, & its all crap they dont need or use, ****ing hilarious :lol:
GKL 7
14 years ago
Welcome back Stu,the site has been missing your subtle words of late.
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Welcome back Stu,the site has been missing your subtle words of late.

'50 Karmann wrote:

sorry grandad, i didnt mean to offend :d
stu
  • stu
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Yep...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

At the time I thought (and still do) it was a rusty old Bug that was soon going to meet its maker - now people think it's cool...and those same people think rat look is a new thing! :lol: :lol:

55Kab wrote:

anyone know where this is now...
GKL 7
14 years ago

anyone know where this is now...

stu wrote:

It does look about your heavy Stu:lol:
freddie
14 years ago
Hey guys, glad you like my bug :)

Few more pics for you.

Hoping to get more shit on the rack for VW action :D

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

:lol:
55Kab
14 years ago

Hey guys, glad you like my bug :)

freddie wrote:

Welcome to the forum freddie but I think you're on the wrong one because as it says in the title it's pre67 here! :wink:

By the way, when are you going to start the resto as I can see the weight of all those accessories (?:shock: ) on your roofrack has broken your suspension! :lol: :lol:

I've got an old horn grill somewhere which you can have as I can see the one on your nearside front wing appears to have fallen out. :lol:

54 Gertie
14 years ago
This is a serious question and not a piss take.....why do "rat lookers" tie robe around their front bumper? :wink:

Also, if your lucky, a small amount of work with some sand paper and some T-cut may get rid of those nasty rust tears under the headlamps before it turns into a big gaping MOT failure hole! :wink: :d
William
54 Gertie
14 years ago

This is a serious question and not a piss take.....

54 Gertie wrote:

Who am I kidding! :roll: :lol:
William
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

This is a serious question and not a piss take.....why do "rat lookers" tie robe around their front bumper? :wink:

54 Gertie wrote:

All the cool kids are doing it!:lol:

Edit:- or looking at the above, I think it may be structural.:lol: :lol:
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
pre67vw
14 years ago

Hoping to get more shit on the rack for VW action :D

:lol:

freddie wrote:

Just turn it upside down...
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Just turn it upside down...

pre67vw wrote:

:lol: :lol: PMSL
UserPostedImage
freddie
14 years ago
Seriously guys, how old are you? Is a lad not allowed to have a bit of fun without being slagged off?

:roll:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Seriously guys, how old are you? Is a lad not allowed to have a bit of fun without being slagged off?

:roll:

freddie wrote:

We´re all really old and grumpy.:wink:

Seriously, this isn´t the place to come to if you expect any appreciation for your car.
This is a stock forum and your car is too modern and thats before we even start with the modifications.
There are people on here with lowered cars, but they don´t talk about them here either.

That said, have fun with it and do please come back when you have a nice pre67 stocker to show us.:d
UserPostedImage
freddie
14 years ago

We´re all really old and grumpy.:wink:

Seriously, this isn´t the place to come and try to get any appreciation for your car.
This is a stock forum and your car is too modern and thats before we even start with the modifications.
There are people on here with lowered cars, but they don´t talk about them here either.

That said, have fun with it and do please come back when you have a nice pre67 stocker to show us.:d

JD wrote:

Thought so! :lol:

I didnt try and get appreciation at all, i understand you all hate my car 😛

I will never own a pre67 stock, i like lowered vw's.

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

Thought so! :lol:

I didnt try and get appreciation at all, i understand you all hate my car 😛

I will never own a pre67 stock, i like lowered vw's.

freddie wrote:

Never say never! And watch out for for those raised manhole covers, eh?

(No, you weren´t trying to get appreciation - badly phrased by me - sorry!)

UserPostedImage