54DoubleDoor
14 years ago
Got this stashed in the garage wondering how much they're worth these days..

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Also got a pre67 front wing too

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Also got an Oval drivers seat in OG vinyl

UserPostedImage
54 UK Doubledoor Panel Van
56 UK Deluxe Oval
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Deano,

That wing is 61-63.

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54DoubleDoor
14 years ago

Deano,

That wing is 61-63.

Rich.

Rich Oakley wrote:

What the second one?

These are for sale by the way..
54 UK Doubledoor Panel Van
56 UK Deluxe Oval
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

What the second one?

These are for sale by the way..

54DoubleDoor wrote:

Sorry Deano, didn't read the post properly. First one doesn't appear to be Oval (would need some better pics), second is 1961-63.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
60wagen
14 years ago
The first one looks to be an early sixties wing. From those pics, there doesn't appear to be enough of a flare where the wing meets the running board. Also, on pre '57 wings, the width from the body edge to the lip is wider than on later wings. However, I can't see any pressings in the headlamp bowl which later wings had. I could be wrong as it is very difficult to identify a wing without being able to compare it to others.
The second one could be a '60 wing. If so, they're very hard to find, and as far as I know are one year only wings as they have subtle differences to <59 and 61>. Rich and I spent ages trying to measure one up!

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Rich Oakley
14 years ago

The second one could be a '60 wing. If so, they're very hard to find, and as far as I know are one year only wings as they have subtle differences to <59 and 61>. Rich and I spent ages trying to measure one up!

Hope this helps,

Aaron

60wagen wrote:

Yes, we had some fun that afternoon :lol:

Regarding the first wing, the hole for the headlight tube should be on the 45 degree angle part of the headlamp bucket. In the picture, the hole appears to be on the bottom of the bucket. And as Aaron says, there doesn't appear to be a pronounced 'flare' at the rear edge of the wing where it meets the running board. My guess would be that it's a replacement wing, fitted sometime later in the car's life. It may be a VW replacement part or a pattern one.
dry&heavy
14 years ago
well i just brought some nos front wings myself
here's a pic of 52 front wings not going to say how much i paid but it's worth it:p
just waiting for them to be spayed brown
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

well i just brought some nos front wings myself
here's a pic of 52 front wings not going to say how much i paid but it's worth it:p
just waiting for them to be spayed brown
UserPostedImage

dry&heavy wrote:

Nice wings but they don't look NOS and they are 53-55 or possibly 56-57 by the looks of it (oval horn grille holes, smooth bowl).
dry&heavy
14 years ago
sorry my mistake second hand
been selling of some more nos 1980s skateboards today
well rich you know where i got them from thought would look better on that brown zwitter
as i have my 59 back and looking brand new :d
so im thinking of having the rust bucket resprayed but still in two minds on the colour
chestnut brown or medium brown
thats me done for next few months
GKL 7
14 years ago

been selling of some more nos 1980s skateboards today

dry&heavy wrote:

ROPMFLOL
VW Stan
14 years ago

ROPMFLOL

'50 Karmann wrote:

What does that stand for? :?
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

ROPMFLOL

'50 Karmann wrote:

I don't understand that either, and I'm well younger than you lot is.

You wouldn't ROPMFLOL either if you knew how much some of these 'boards go for. :wink:
dry&heavy
14 years ago
no i would'nt (ROPMFLOL ?) at $75,000 for a 1987 santa cruz rob rosskopp wish i had one sold in the usa via ebay
how many bugs could you buy with that deck
trust me 1980s to early 1990s nos skateboards have been making silly money for last 5yrs plus
VW Stan
14 years ago
That's all about 10 years too late for me. Back in the '70s I had a pacer deck with ACS500s and red Kryps!
I used to go down to Skate City but only ever managed to get on the red bowl!
:shock:

dry&heavy
14 years ago
skate city :d
still have a few of their stickers, i was more a romford knebwoth head
can get hold of loads of old nos 70s decks trucks wheels etc...
heres an old 1988 pacer deck for you
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
14 years ago

ROPMFLOL

'50 Karmann wrote:

Just sounds strange talking about skate board parts as New Old Stock.
VW Stan
14 years ago
But what does ROPMFLOL stand for George?

That's a new one on me, ROTFLOL I do understand!

:roll:

dry&heavy
14 years ago

Just sounds strange talking about skate board parts as New Old Stock.

'50 Karmann wrote:

you have to think most of these companies are well long dead only made a few 100 of each deck and most have been skated gripped etc so only a few are left
back in about 93 things changed again, all this old stock could'nt sell & it all became tax write off & was so silly cheap
plus most of the artist's of these old decks have become famous so alot of people buy as art works
dubrockers
14 years ago
That's just mad but i guess with the use of ebay most sell in usa, europe, oz etc..
good for you dry&heavy sell all your decks and buy some nice vws
i used to skate in mid 80's myself days of half pipes & bowls :d i loved harrow skatepark myself
was thinking of all the old boards that i broke smashed etc wish i had some of those now
nice to see you still have death-box, pacer & bash decks as these were uk makers if i remember
pre67vw
14 years ago
Let me know if any of these are worth anything (probably not :roll: ) - all bought in or around Santa Cruz 1989... 😎 Sadly more surf than sk8  IMG_2047.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW