southerndeluxe
14 years ago
have i stumbbled acrossed a hens tooth?????????????????????
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
The Turkis coloured cars have some unusal stuff on them, like coloured running boards and wing beading IIRC. They look quite unusual when restored in this colour.

Hens tooth? Well, it´s a RHD sunroof car, but if you want to start splitting hairs about colour and so on then I should say its pretty unusual. Doesn´t mean its worth a fortune though. 1302s are rare!
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well its never going to be for sale ever, so the money side is not a issue this car was a very good friend of mine who sadley passed away so thats one reason i will not sell it, the other is it's a pre-67 rhd rag top what some dreams are made of 😛 :lol: :d
55Kab
14 years ago

so could i be the only rhd 60/61 turkis goldie rag top in the uk/maybe the world that would be so cool and make my bug unique worth a lot of pennys?

southerndeluxe wrote:

Well it could well be and I can assure you if it is, it will be worth a lot more penny's restored with it's original sized rear window than with a Frankenstein Split implant! :lol:

dry&heavy
14 years ago

1302s are rare!

JD wrote:

1302s rare hehe i gave one away for free the other month 😛 😛
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago

1302s rare hehe i gave one away for free the other month 😛 😛

dry&heavy wrote:

Thats exactly what I meant - rare doesn´t necessarily equal valuable.
(I have heard several times that 1302s are now rarer than split Beetles)
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well thanks to all who have written in i love my bug wether its rare or not it'sa early 60's bug rhd and a rag top to boot plus it could be one of only a hand full or les bugs.
i will keep you all in touch with my turkis gem on her great build up:beer: 😮 :beer: :d
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
From theSamba - some inspiration. Notice the coloured running boards, wing beading and rag top and green steering wheel, hand brake and shifter. All really distinctive.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
wow thanks thats what i want mine to be like same colour interior that i have on mine.
many thanks for posting them for me, welding the lhs door post/a post and heater channel in today wish me luck
55Kab
14 years ago
Here's a RHD non sunroof car. Unfortunately and unbelievably this car was broken up earlier this year in order that the body could be made into a race car :shock: . It had little milage on it therefore was pretty solid!

604 MTU p7.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p8.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p13.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p25.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p26.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p30.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.  604 MTU p31.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
64rotbox
14 years ago
I'd rather not have known that... :shock: FFS.
You can call me Al.
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
Damn! Hope someone grabbed all the green mats and other Turkis specific parts. Green grab handle too!
UserPostedImage
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

Here's a RHD non sunroof car. Unfortunately and unbelievably this car was broken up earlier this year in order that the body could be made into a race car :shock: . It had little milage on it therefore was pretty solid!

55Kab wrote:

58,000 miles from new to be precise and in VERY original condition. The shell is going to be used for a lightweight race car project. All the bits have been sold off now.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well what a shame its been taken apart???? yep ive got all those parts in side mine except the rubber mats,
so i am deffo on the look out for green rubber floor mats any idea's ive been asking around about rhd rag top's in turkis and no one no's of any is this a good thing or a bad thing lol :beer: :beer:
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
:lol: " LOOKING FOR GREEN RUBBER MATS" IF ANYONE CAN HELP :lol: :beer: :beer:
59 Ragtop
14 years ago

Sadly not. Good luck with the project,keep us posted with your progress.

Tom
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
CHEERS tom will be posting all my work as i build my bug one thing for sure it will be turkis with full colour coding interior :wink:
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
14 years ago
More info from thesamba - factory painted correct wheel colours.
Sea Green and light Turkis

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
55Kab
14 years ago

CHEERS tom will be posting all my work as i build my bug one thing for sure it will be turkis with full colour coding interior and no split rear window :wink:

southerndeluxe wrote:

Fixed that last post for you! :wink:

southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well ive got six month's hard work ahead of me if i want to be at sandown park for the volksworld show in march wish me luck.......... one thing is for sure i will have to either build my workshop or find one to rent as the weather and time of year are aginst me!!!!!!!!!!