southerndeluxe
14 years ago
am looking for a cheap workshop/barn type building to put the bug in so i can work as the elements are against me with in 15mls from lewes area any ideas please let me know cheers rick:beer:
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Rick,

I have been looking for years to find one at a reasonable price, but everywhere seems to be 'business rate' type workshops. If you find anywhere, I may well be interested to share the space/cost. There were some units in Plumpton that I looked at a while ago, but they were tiny and expensive. We need to find a friendly farmer who has a spare barn!

Rich.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
there is one in plumpton at the mo? 3000sqft £116pw £58 each ive just spoke to the bloke he don't mind motor works there are some that as soon as you say cars they go all funny???...........
VW Stan
14 years ago

there is one in plumpton at the mo? 3000sqft £116pw £58 each ive just spoke to the bloke he don't mind motor works there are some that as soon as you say cars they go all funny???...........

southerndeluxe wrote:

For £500 a month you could buy a house with a double garage, and rent the house out! :wink:
It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
very true but its also harder to get a mortgage these days than a workshop, was building a 26ft x 20ft workshop in my back garden but due to lack of work and no extra funds its on hold shame cos it would have been ideal :cry: :cry: :cry:
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
also down here in lewes you couldn't even afford to buy the doubble garage with a £500 pound mortgage???
to dear down here but i do know where you are coming from.............
VW Stan
14 years ago

also down here in lewes you couldn't even afford to buy the doubble garage with a £500 pound mortgage???
to dear down here but i do know where you are coming from.............

southerndeluxe wrote:

It is difficult to find cheap workshops/garages even round here (Milton Keynes).
10yrs ago, I used to share a small workshop on a farm. An old stable with space for two cars, power and light for £120 a month which was okay.
Then I moved to a house with a double garage and stopped renting. I've grown the fleet so now I have two cars stored on the same farm again @ £60 a month each!

:d

It's hard to say what my girlfriend does for a living...

...She sells sea shells on the sea shore!
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
My brother lives on Allington Lane (off the PLumpton / Ditchling road) about half way between Burgess Hill and Lewes. His neighbour lets out workshops on his farm and there always seems to be units for let - don't know the cost but it might be worth trying there.

The Guys name is Mr Botting and the farm is Allington farm - I'll try and get the phone number for you.

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
thanks mike that would be good im only round the corner......
working in the dry everyday???
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
I checked with my brother and he is currently advertising units to let but I don't know what sort, it has to be worth checking though. His contact details are;

P M Botting.
Allington Farm
Allington Lane Offham,
Lewes,
East Sussex
BN7 3QL.

p: 01273473310.

(I can publish these details here without risk of infringing his privacy, because they are available elsewhere on the net...:wink: )

Mike
July 1957 UK supplied RHD Oval. 1972 World Champion Beetle. 1978 UK supplied RHD 1303LS Cabriolet. 1973 UK supplied RHD 1303s.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
thanks mike im going to call him first thing i will let you know how i get on???????????? i hope it goes well
:beer: :beer: :beer: :d :d
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well no room at the inn as they say??? still looking for a good size unit ......
is anyone going to the heritage meet tonight ???? see ya there if you are:beer: :beer: :beer:
Mike Peckham
14 years ago
Sorry it didn't work out at the Bottings - good luck in your search.

I shall be at Heretics tonight - should be easily identified as mine is usually the only Black Oval there :wink:

Mike
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
well i will be going up in my mates t4 white black bra 18's looks more like a 4x4 lol he's getting it lowered this weekend all my rides are of the road...........
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
I'll be at Heritage tonight, probably in the Polo but may be in the '47.

I'm currenly renting storage space for a few of my cars, but I can't work on them there. I've just also found out that I'll be spending most of my time working in Sweden rather than the UK, so an 'expensive' workshop space is probably not an option for me at the moment as I'll never be able to use it!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
southerndeluxe
14 years ago
COME IN THE 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE TONIGHT
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

COME IN THE 47!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEE YOU THERE TONIGHT

southerndeluxe wrote:

Looks like it will have to be the Polo. I've got some oily bits to drop off at Heritage. I love my Polo.
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I shall be at Heretics tonight - should be easily identified as mine is usually the only Black Oval there :wink:

Mike

Mike Peckham wrote:

There may be a Black ragtop Oval there tonight too :wink:
Mike Peckham
14 years ago

There may be a Black ragtop Oval there tonight too :wink:

Rich Oakley wrote:

Marvellous!

See you there...
GKL 7
14 years ago

I'll be spending most of my time working in Sweden rather than the UK

Rich Oakley wrote:

Hi Rich,What great fun you'll have out there hunting in your spare time:d