usariemen
14 years ago
Some months ago I bought this picture.
I tried to get more information on that car but the guy I got it from was not able to
find out more about it.

What do you guys think? A lot of "Heb" style in that car. It is an early car with a
turn handle front hood. I wondered if it could be one of the prototypes that saw a
facelift in the early fifties. The pic must have been made between 1951 and 1956.
The hood crest was available from 1951 and the black number plates where gone in 1956.
Would someone go through all the trouble to "home-make" a Heb while they where available?

UserPostedImage
Master of my domaine.
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
overrestored
14 years ago
similar to this at the top of the windscreen... different windows obviously..

The twin bumper overriders are not too common... and may help ID the car... Cool windows on the sides... I like the way the top of the window curves down at the front.

UserPostedImage
protect me from what I want
Hebster52
14 years ago
Too bad it is hard to find see the complete licenceplate number in that angle.
As you say it do have a lot of details that could indicate it to be one of the prototypes.

In the more known photos of the number one prototype you can see a similar centermount antenna.
Also if you look at the top of the door the number 2 prototype have the same bend upwards towards the A-pillar as the later production Hebs have whereas the doors on prototype one looks to be almost vertical all the way. Hard to see on the photos I have here at work. Also the semaphore location looks very correct.
One thing that gives me a slight dought is that the cabrio top doesn't fold down as low as on the prototype number 2. I'm not sure if I have seen any photos of number 1 with the top down.

Also the Radcliff roadster's top folds down lower than on this one.

Interesting photo nevertheless.
The HebsterWerks.
oval56
14 years ago

similar to this at the top of the windscreen... different windows obviously..

The twin bumper overriders are not too common... and may help ID the car... Cool windows on the sides... I like the way the top of the window curves down at the front.

UserPostedImage

overrestored wrote:

the upper dorline is different to the prototype picture. if we look close on carstens picture, the dor ens flat to the a pillar, the hebmullers are more rounded shaped

but i see this car has also the other trim moldings with the sharp ends :d ....

also early headlight lenses and fronthood handle... sounds interesting that car carsten...
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Hebster52
14 years ago
As I said in my previous post it seems like the doorline on the first prototype looks more straight against the A-pillar than the later ones.

Hard to see but looks almost straight? Better pictures of the number one would be very interesting to see... :wink:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
The HebsterWerks.