54 Gertie
14 years ago
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone remembers this car? It is a RHD UK texas brown. very low mileage, matching numbers etc.

The registration is now on a 2000 Golf, so I guess it has either been scrapped or the sold the plate. (either way is a real shame)

It was Volksworld featured in the October 1993 "Vintage" special. Lovely looking car, and was owned at the time by John Little who lived in Sunderland.

Any ideas? If my scanner starts behaving I will get some pictures up.

Thanks, just hope it is still out there...:wink:

*Edit*

Chassis no. 1-0854209
Engine no. 1-01028806
William
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Remember it very well and remember seeing registered on an age-related plate at a later date. Don't know it's whereabouts now though.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Remember it very well and remember seeing registered on an age-related plate at a later date. Don't know it's whereabouts now though.

Rich Oakley wrote:

Dont suppose you remember what its new reg was do you? :wink:
William
Rich Oakley
14 years ago
Sorry old bean, can't remember, but I seem to recall it was sold just after the original plate was taken off it. This was probably in 1998-ish.
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
55 oval
14 years ago
hi everybody,the texas brown oval is now owned by us here in cornwall,we purchased the car in may 2000 for my wifes birthday.The car is still in immaculate condition with only 47000 miles on the clock,unfortunatly the regisration number was sold prior to our purchase and is now registered as VSJ 755.We have shown the car at many shows i.e Stanford Hall, Volksworld,BVF,etc and have won numerous awards,but due to work commitments have not shown the car for 4/5 years,but who knows it may very well appear again soon.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

hi everybody,the texas brown oval is now owned by us here in cornwall,we purchased the car in may 2000 for my wifes birthday.The car is still in immaculate condition with only 47000 miles on the clock,unfortunatly the regisration number was sold prior to our purchase and is now registered as VSJ 755.We have shown the car at many shows i.e Stanford Hall, Volksworld,BVF,etc and have won numerous awards,but due to work commitments have not shown the car for 4/5 years,but who knows it may very well appear again soon.

55 oval wrote:

Wow!

Got any recent photos? Smashing little car and would be great to see it at some of the shows next year. :wink: 😎

I make that three UK Texas brown cars now. :?:
William
GKL 7
14 years ago
Texas Brown=lovely.
(except with a cardboard sunroof)
55 oval
14 years ago
Sorry no recent photos , would be a shame to take it out of a nice warm garage to take some. If we get a nice day i will take photos and post them on here for all to see what a beauty it is.
54 Gertie
14 years ago

Sorry no recent photos , would be a shame to take it out of a nice warm garage to take some. If we get a nice day i will take photos and post them on here for all to see what a beauty it is.

55 oval wrote:

Sounds great, look forward to it!

Oh! And'50 Karmann, hopefully that should have disappeared soon :wink:
William