JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
14 years ago

Rich Oakley has 2 for sale right now... pre and post 56

Si Med wrote:

I really don´t know anything about these. Were they a performance part?
"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
Bengt H
14 years ago
On my 1620 I use a modified 356 exhaust. I got a rusty original from a friend, shortened it, made a new cover, repaired and modified it to fit the Okrasa heads, walls and baffles was removed and 2 pipes where welded for the output. I also used a litle bigger J pipes with fitted to the inletpipe in the Porsche muffler. All 4 pipes from the engine has the same length.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

On my 1620 I use a modified 356 exhaust. I got a rusty original from a friend, shortened it, made a new cover, repaired and modified it to fit the Okrasa heads, walls and baffles was removed and 2 pipes where welded for the output. I also used a litle bigger J pipes with fitted to the inletpipe in the Porsche muffler. All 4 pipes from the engine has the same length.

Bengt H wrote:

Interesting. Do you have any photos? Sounds like a lot of work!
UserPostedImage
Bengt H
14 years ago
UserPostedImage

This is the only pic I have, yes its some work but well worth it, looks period correct, good sound and low backpreassure I think.
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
Thats really neat Bengt. Nice job!
UserPostedImage
mrsherbie
14 years ago

I really don´t know anything about these. Were they a performance part?

JD wrote:

I have no idea but they are super cool, one of my personal favorite accessories :d. O's 50 sunroofs engine has a tatty patched up one on it ( I am sure you have seen it in my garage?) and I have a really nice one here too, which you can look at but not touch 😳 :lol: , and I am never fitting it too a car, having had to watch my nos split one go surface rusty since being out in the rain a few times (+ 1 torrential Camberg). Never again. Nos exhausts live on the wall only now! :lol:Although I have been considering having it ceramic coated like 50 karman did with his. I REALLY wish I had done it on my 50 😞

The 2 Rich O has/had for sale are in tip top condition!
"it'll wreck the patina you haven't worked so hard to create" - 50Karmann
JD
  • JD
14 years ago

I have no idea but they are super cool, one of my personal favorite accessories :d. O's 50 sunroofs engine has a tatty patched up one on it ( I am sure you have seen it in my garage?) and I have a really nice one here too, which you can look at but not touch 😳 :lol: , and I am never fitting it too a car, having had to watch my nos split one go surface rusty since being out in the rain a few times (+ 1 torrential Camberg). Never again. Nos exhausts live on the wall only now! :lol:Although I have been considering having it ceramic coated like 50 karman did with his. I REALLY wish I had done it on my 50 😞

The 2 Rich O has/had for sale are in tip top condition!

mrsherbie wrote:

Oh I remember now. With the strange stamped ends? That was pretty funky looking.

UserPostedImage
udog
14 years ago

any details on your engine??

my 1433 runs with a stock exhaust and tde pipes more than 8000km fine, also my other engiens runn witht stockpipes fine... no problems witht the valves until now

oval56 wrote:

Hi,

VW heads are not know to have good flow in stock version . Old vw head have really small valve .
When you increase cc, you increase exhaust gaz volume ( and specialy if you increase flow admission with heads job or Okrasa heads with dual carb). Because exhaust is restrictive, you increase back pressure and temp. 8000 km is not a pb, but be sur that the life the head will be shorter, specially exhaust guide and seat . At 2000 rpm with JD engine config, you have volume gaz near same than full rpm in sotck config .
So don't use stock exhaust .

Hope you understand my poor english :roll:

Eric Simon
Supercharged by Judson, Overcharged by Gene Berg ...
oval56
14 years ago
i understand it, but ther is not really an alternative on the market at the moment.

and also in the most cases we do not use the engines for daly drivers wich have to pass 100000km ... so it will be sur eno problem to change valves and seats and guides after 50000km driving

Hi,

VW heads are not know to have good flow in stock version . Old vw head have really small valve .
When you increase cc, you increase exhaust gaz volume ( and specialy if you increase flow admission with heads job or Okrasa heads with dual carb). Because exhaust is restrictive, you increase back pressure and temp. 8000 km is not a pb, but be sur that the life the head will be shorter, specially exhaust guide and seat . At 2000 rpm with JD engine config, you have volume gaz near same than full rpm in sotck config .
So don't use stock exhaust .

Hope you understand my poor english :roll:

Eric Simon

udog wrote:

www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
udog
14 years ago
Yes, sur . And in Germany, it seems to have the problem to look like stock to be autorised to be on the road .
No plenty of alternative to conserve the look .

Eric
Supercharged by Judson, Overcharged by Gene Berg ...
JD
  • JD
14 years ago
Hi Eric - good to have you here!
UserPostedImage
Mrwob
14 years ago
Hi there,
Do you want an Abarth style exhaust in Stainless steel on your measurements.
That could solve your problem?...
Can't placce the pic!!
Steph
oval56
14 years ago

Hi there,
Do you want an Abarth style exhaust in Stainless steel on your measurements.
That could solve your problem?...
Can't placce the pic!!
Steph

Mrwob wrote:

the problem is the different length of the tubes, normaly all piles should have the same length and as i saw on the stainless version, the tubes from cylinder 4&2 end direct in the muffler. to get a better performance, they should near get the same length as the complete tubes from 3&1

so 1 and 4 will end on the left side, and 3&2 willend right, with a spitt shield in the middle
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany