mooney3019
14 years ago
I was wondering if anyone knows here i can get a n/s heater channel carpet, does anyone ever come across them or good second hands ? because my car car is lhd this side is worn
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
Rich Oakley
14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone knows here i can get a n/s heater channel carpet, does anyone ever come across them or good second hands ? because my car car is lhd this side is worn

mooney3019 wrote:

The chances of finding a good second hand one are VERY slim. Newton Commercial produce some nice carpet sets in the UK, but not sure that they will sell a single piece and even if they did, it probably wouldn't match your carpet perfectly. Could be worth contacting Ingrid Oppermann in Deutschland...
https://www.himmelservice.de/english/home.html 

47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
mooney3019
14 years ago
carbit
14 years ago
Hi,

You can try to give the guys at VW Anticks a call, They could have what you are looking for, I know they have so many parts ......

VW Anticks 
It's all in the detail....

www.carbit.co.uk

Full Restoration

www.vw-anticks.com
Howard81
14 years ago
What colour?

I've been looking for a replacement square-weave carpet for my '66 1300 for nearly 12 years but without luck... It's a medium red colour, but the nearest I can get is a bright red, which would look awful.
1966 Volkswagen 1300
1978 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1970 Triumph Spitfire IV
1962 Austin Seven
1962 MGA
1965 Mobylette SP50
mooney3019
14 years ago
mine is a light brown i think it is oatmeal
harveypj
14 years ago

What colour?

I've been looking for a replacement square-weave carpet for my '66 1300 for nearly 12 years but without luck... It's a medium red colour, but the nearest I can get is a bright red, which would look awful.

Howard81 wrote:

Somthing to think about or experiment with...
A friend of mine recently restored his 1961 Rover P4. Including the red carpet. It had faded and so decides to re dye them using 'dylon' with very good results. I believe he just sponged it on (carpet out)
I don't know what shades of red 'Dylon' do but might be worth a look, using either the bright red carpet as a base and tone it down or start with a lighter neutral colour and just change it to red.

Stock......the new custom